Will Tara ever bring back her temptations butter boat? I ordered one when they first came out and this past weekend it got broken. Please please bring it back so I can replace mine. Thank you

Esteemed Contributor

@fishergirl2 - Welcome to the forums! I'd recommend reaching out to Tara through the Temp-tations Facebook page (facebook.com/temptationsbytara); she and Lisa are very responsive to requests and comments there. And since Temp-tations has had many different butter boats, dishes, pots, and so forth over the years, you'll probably want to be more specific with your request (adding a picture would be a great idea). Good luck!

Super Contributor

I bought a plastic one from Hallmark.  The hinge on the side broke off.  Had to trash it.  

Honored Contributor

I'd try amazon be surprised what they got that you think you can only order from the original place U got it from.

Honored Contributor

Re: Temptations butter boat

[ Edited ]

I need to buy a new butter boat. 

I think the one I have is Silvermark brand.

DH hates the little knob on the lid. 

When he was drying off the lid it got stuck in the towel & ended up thrown across the kitchen floor.

Now I need a lid.

I read reviews on them but does not sound like the lid fits well on any of them?

I want one that has the water well but don't want a butter bell since I know the butter would end up in the water in the summer months.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Temptations butter boat

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz - I have been searching for a new butter container since last summer. After trying many options, I ended up going with one of those stoneware mini cocottes (little pots with lids). I've never liked traditional butter dishes with the butter sitting on a plate with a domed lid on top precisely because they're so top-heavy and prone to breakage. And I also didn't like the concept of the butter bells and the constant water checking.

This option has been great because it's easy to fill it with butter, let it soften, and use as needed—you can bring it to the table for simple use and sharing and then return it to the counter and just put on the lid until it's needed again. (Or it's very easy to clean, refill, and return to service.) And if it starts to get too warm, you can easily stash it in the fridge for a little while. There are many colors and designs of mini cocottes at a variety of retailers; I originally just wanted a deep blue one to match my kitchen, but I ended up getting a multicolored set so I can swap colors for harvest and holiday decor.

Just thought I'd share in case it might be helpful...  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I bought this one from "A" very reasonable and works just like the one I bought from Q many moons ago!  Someday, I hope QVC starts bringing back useful oldies but goodies to ITKWD.

519AADE9-24AF-4DFF-848F-1190476990E8.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@Nightowlz - I have been searching for a new butter container since last summer. After trying many options, I ended up going with one of those stoneware mini cocottes (little pots with lids). I've never liked traditional butter dishes with the butter sitting on a plate with a domed lid on top precisely because they're so top-heavy and prone to breakage. And I also didn't like the concept of the butter bells and the constant water checking.

This option has been great because it's easy to fill it with butter, let it soften, and use as needed—you can bring it to the table for simple use and sharing and then return it to the counter and just put on the lid until it's needed again. (Or it's very easy to clean, refill, and return to service.) And if it starts to get too warm, you can easily stash it in the fridge for a little while. There are many colors and designs of mini cocottes at a variety of retailers; I originally just wanted a deep blue one to match my kitchen, but I ended up getting a multicolored set so I can swap colors for harvest and holiday decor.

Just thought I'd share in case it might be helpful...  Smiley Happy

@loriqvc 

I thought about using something like that which would work for us except the summer months.

The butter is a lot softer during the summer than the colder months.

Guess we are not using as much butter as we did because I'm not putting another stick of Kerrygold in there as often as I was. That's a good thing. LOL!!!

Frequent Contributor

Lehman's website has a butter boat.

Honored Contributor

I would definitely go for a better-made brand than Temptations. 

I remember, years ago, when butter boats were all the rage here?  Anybody remember that?  Smiley Very Happy    I have a few.

I'm very persnickety about food storage so one thing that always bugged me was that they don't seal up.   So, this is my butter boat now.  I have a few Lock & Locks in this exact size and some similar ones.   I can have it out but all sealed up, so I'm a happy chicken.  Smiley Happy 

P1140885.jpg