Honored Contributor

Temps Are Droppin'. What's Cooking?

I'm doing individual meatloaf patties with mushroom gravy.  It's the meatloaf I grew up with.  It takes less time not being in a large loaf, which I do in a 9 x 13 when we have more for din.

My students loved this.

Honored Contributor

Re: Temps Are Droppin'. What's Cooking?

Chicken tortilla soup using Pioneer Woman's recipe, but, cutting it down for couple of people.

Contributor

white chicken chili

Trusted Contributor

Made a big batch of chili in my Ninja.  First of the season.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband and I went to a farmers stand and purchased four large long neck pumpkins.  He peeled them for me and we baked them and puréed them in the Vitamix.

We froze the purée to make pies all winter long, but left enough out to make two  pumpkin pies and a small dish of pumpkin custard for me.  So, I bake pumpkin pies today.

My house smells like fall.  We had broiled pork chops and scalloped potatoes for a quick dinner

Trusted Contributor

Homemade italian wedding soup, peasant bread and apple turnovers for dessert.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG Rustic corn chowder...so yummy on a chilly day!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Meatloaf for sure, @ECBG!  I just made three in Temp-tations bakers, froze two of them but cooked one and have made sandwiches for DH with the leftovers.

Great easy meal, with added vegetables, and the bonus is using the oven and warming the kitchen.

I also love slow cooking chicken in my TT bean crocks - a 325 degree oven for four hours or so and the meat is fork tender.🥘

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

all these recipes sound really good. my wife makes an hawaian meatloaf that comes out really good. recipe was originaly a burger recipe but burgers were really good and we figured it would make a great meatloaf.

Esteemed Contributor

I had some leftover meatloaf last night.  I'll be fixing Taco Soup over the weekend.  As soon as September hits, I turn into a soupaholic.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown