Respected Contributor

I would never be temp-ted by dinnerware that could crack.

Super Contributor

I have to agree with everyone about the poor quality.  When I first started buying several years ago, the pieces were of good quality. I would say the past 3- 4 years, the quality has gone way down.  I have had several pieces crack and break right in the oven while I was baking something.  I love the patterns, but I now get either the Pioneer Woman or go to the Outlet Mall to the Corning store.

Esteemed Contributor

@aydinsgma wrote:
Wow! Thanks for all the responses. My husband and I have been looking at Fiestaware for a while now. Maybe we’ll actually purchase some and check it out.
Thanks!!

@aydinsgma   I don't have Fiesta because it is too heavy for these old hands w/Essential Tremors.  However, my daughter and one of my sons has Fiesta and they love it.  Made in good old USA.  Homer Laughlin Fiestaware direct.

Honored Contributor

I have Temp-tations and have a love/hate relationship with the brand. 

People like to believe the older pieces are better, the newer are not. Nothing could be further from the truth. The line has been plagued with inconsistent quality from the very beginning. And there was a period of time about 10 years ago that the quality was horrible pretty much across the board. 

Prices used to be cheap, so to buy it, enjoy it and use it knowing you were going to probably loose pieces wasn't so bad, but prices are up. 

Some pieces are great and last through lots of hard use, and some pieces are crazed before ever being unboxed, or craze while sitting on display and never used. The cracking in the oven is a real thing. All you have to do is join a few Facebook groups on the brand and the pictures and posts show it happening on a regular basis. 

I have, use and love the look of my massive Temp-tations collection, but I do have to throw away at least a half a dozen pieces a year that end up crazing (I've never had one crack in the oven though). I buy virtually nothing anymore from this line, and am selling off a lot while it still looks good, before it crazes and is then worth nothing. 

As for Fiesta, I personally can't stand the look. It's too modern, too plain and too brightly colored for my tastes. I wish they would make other styles and colors, as I'd love to give my money to a business that manufactures here in the USA. But I just can't stand the look of the line. I do think it is well made though.

Trusted Contributor

I've had my black floral lace set for about four years, and so many pieces have cracked and been thrown away.  

Respected Contributor

I ordered Temptations dinnerware last year because I love the Floral Lace in the Cobalt Blue and Fall.  I was quite unhappy
when received due mainly to the excessive weight of the pieces.  I am not used to weighty dinnerware and certainly did not want to get used to weighty dinnerware using it everyday making it vulnerable to chipping easier.  So I returned it and only get special pieces that do not get heated.

Valued Contributor

I don't have any major problems with cracking/chipping (only one and they replaced it for free), however, I do get disappointed with how quickly certain prints/colors are discontinued. I want to continue adding to my collection, but can't find a lot anymore. 

I still love my TT, though. I had a wonderful looking spread at New Years this year!! 

Frequent Contributor

@aydinsgma wrote:
Hello!
I’m needing new dinnerware. Anyone know if Tara will be bringing some new out in the near future??
Thanks!

The temptations dinneware is way too heavy. I foolishly bought a couple of sets for table staging only. Take a look into the Lennox dinnerware on the Q. I bought that - very light weight, pretty,sturdy and.....Lennox!

Respected Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

Temptations is junk IMO, but there are plenty of people who buy it. I'm sure Tara will be bringing in dinnerware again. I like Fiestaware.

i liked fiestaware before arthritis found my hands!  now my kids are enjoying my collection.....

@nana59  I have similar issues in my 'golden years' .I have never liked big heavy dinnerware --no matter how pretty . 

I have used and loved Corelle for years now and love it. I have seen some say it does not come in pretty designs -- but I really do not understand that statement. Of course I like basic designs. But there is a huge selection.

It last forever, never scars , chips , or breaks in my experience & is so dishwasher friendly. I have an older set that I inherited that is probably the original design that I use to microwave bacon every a.m. and in the bowls that went with it feed stray outdoor cats and none have broken. I also have a newer set that I use daily for our household.

I do like the TT baking items I own. Only the meatloaf dish has grazed a bit. I know when I had dinner guests and used  a floral lace cassarole dish someone commented " that is a beautiful dish." 

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I’ve been using my Temp-rations dinnerware for several years with no problems. One plate broke when it was bumped off the counter onto a tile floor. That’s hardly the plate’s fault. Another bowl is chipped from where my teenager spiked a spoon into the sink and struck the bowl. Again, hardly the bowl’s fault. I’ve only ever lost 2 pieces of bakeware. Both times, I did something they specifically say not to do.

I keep hearing stories about exploding casseroles and shattering plates and wonder what you people do in your kitchens. I live with teenage boys who don’t handle anything carefully and don’t have these issues.

I tried Temp-tations dinnerware and carefully followed the manufacturers care instructions...and while the soup bowls have held up well the dinner and salad plates crazed, chipped and cracked.......  And a serving piece that I washed carefully and ONLY put a green salad in actually broke in two....TT is JUNK!   I have an older bakeware piece with a cardinal on the top thats held up well....I think Tara's quality changed from what it once was...either she's skimped on quality or the factory she does business with certainly has....NO TEMP-TATIONS FOR ME ANYMORE!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”