Contributor
Hello!
I’m needing new dinnerware. Anyone know if Tara will be bringing some new out in the near future??
Thanks!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Temp-rations Dinnerware

[ Edited ]

gave up on buying temptations....too much cracking....chipping....and crazing....jmo.....went back to using sturdy corelle.....

Honored Contributor

Temptations is junk IMO, but there are plenty of people who buy it. I'm sure Tara will be bringing in dinnerware again. I like Fiestaware.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

Temptations is junk IMO, but there are plenty of people who buy it. I'm sure Tara will be bringing in dinnerware again. I like Fiestaware.

i liked fiestaware before arthritis found my hands!  now my kids are enjoying my collection.....

Honored Contributor

@aydinsgma 

I would stay away from buying Temptations dinnerware!  Every piece I have from a TSV a few years ago has chipped, crazed or glaze came off.

I picked thru usable pieces to "donate" then changed my mind --tossed in garbage!  If was ****** for me why pay it forward🤷‍♀️

There are many well made dinnerware sets.  I have aJCP home set over 25 years old ...not one scratch or chip.  It is a 12 place setting with all pieces.  It is ceramic -- lightweight and was under $80.

Honored Contributor

@aydinsgma 

Your inquiry prompted me to check the Temp-tations website for the first time.  Interestingly, the only things offered are odd pieces and clearance items.  In addition, the website does not seem up to date.  For instance, this set is prominently pictured on the site and it says the sale ends on 10/10.  I'm not sure what to make of it. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 1.44.17 PM.png

~ house cat ~
Contributor
Wow! Thanks for all the responses. My husband and I have been looking at Fiestaware for a while now. Maybe we’ll actually purchase some and check it out.
Thanks!!
Honored Contributor

I would not buy TT dinnerware.  Seems it is so "heavy" and also Tara discontinues patterns quickly.  I think it's hard to get coordinating vegetable dish, gravy boat, sugar and creamer, etc.  Fiestaware will be around.   (I don't have Fiestaware,  but love many of the colors.)

Trusted Contributor

@aydinsgma,

As some here have mentioned, I would suggest you take a look at Fiesta dinnerware.  If you can see the pieces in person, you can get an idea of the pieces that would be best for you.  For instance, many times we use a fiesta lunch plate instead of the dinner plate.  I have 8 of the small oval platters, and they make great appetizer plates, or they are nice for a sandwich. 

The jumbo cup is great for a generous cup of coffee, hot chocolate or tea, but also great for soup, chili, ice cream!

Respected Contributor
I’ve been using my Temp-rations dinnerware for several years with no problems. One plate broke when it was bumped off the counter onto a tile floor. That’s hardly the plate’s fault. Another bowl is chipped from where my teenager spiked a spoon into the sink and struck the bowl. Again, hardly the bowl’s fault. I’ve only ever lost 2 pieces of bakeware. Both times, I did something they specifically say not to do.

I keep hearing stories about exploding casseroles and shattering plates and wonder what you people do in your kitchens. I live with teenage boys who don’t handle anything carefully and don’t have these issues.