Honored Contributor

Has anyone found any new finds from Trader Joe's?   I don't know if this is new but it is new to me.  Hot & Sweet Jalapenos.  They were part of a demo I tasted.  I used them last night with sour cream to garnish enchiladas.   Love them!

Honored Contributor

If you listen to the Michael Yo show (XM Satellite radio) they always talk about "Trader Joe's Finds".

Jaimeson (sp) on the show talked about the candy at the checkout counter.  He said it's dark chocolate with peanut butter in it.  He said it's delicious and TJ brands.

I can't remember the other TJ finds they mention.  They do it several times a week.

He's on the Entertainment Weekly channel.  I love it because he'll say, "No politics".  We talk about the entertainment industry and nothing controversial".  Living in the D.C. area it's a wonderful reprieve for me as I get so sick of politics.

I recommend it to everyone.  Incidentally, when the show first comes on you'll hear my voice.  I called in and they recorded it.  It's me saying, "I listen to you in my driveway.....bla bla".  That's me.

Listen to him for some wonderful Trader Joe good things!

Respected Contributor

Re: TRADER JOE FINDS?

[ Edited ]

@DiAnne wrote:

Has anyone found any new finds from Trader Joe's?   I don't know if this is new but it is new to me.  Hot & Sweet Jalapenos.  They were part of a demo I tasted.  I used them last night with sour cream to garnish enchiladas.   Love them!

@DiAnne  Are they super hot?

I tend to buy the same 15 things (same prob I have at Costco) so I appreciate the recommendation 

Honored Contributor

@scatcat 

They are not super hot but they seemed hot when I ate one right out of jar but when I put them on a bit of sour cream on the enchiladas they did not seem hot at all.  A man in the check out line with me said they were good with peanut butter - not sure if he was putting me on but I will probably try. 

Trusted Contributor

@DiAnne  The Terrain wine is $3.99 and is a great mid-week wine. Woman Tongue I'm in Northern California and have mid-week wine for drinking while I'm cooking dinner and weekend wine is a little nicer. Terrain is surprisingly good and smooth. 

Have you tried the Yuzu sauce? I think it's by the hot sauces. It's bright and spicy and great with the Thai shrimp gyoza. 

Honored Contributor

@pinkmochi 

Thanks, two good suggestions.  We have a food truck that serves yuzu sauce with their french fries.  I will have to look for that.

Respected Contributor

I don’t go to Trader Joe’s very often because you take your life in your hands crossing their parking lots here. When I do shop there, I stock up on their giant chocolate bars (they had a Ghiradelli label when they originally sold them) and their chocolate covered caramels. 

Honored Contributor

I've just never warmed up to Trader Joe's. I hear everyone loving this store and I don't get it. I made another attempt to shopping there a few months back and once again, upon leaving, I swore to never shopping there again. 

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

Re: TRADER JOE FINDS?

[ Edited ]

A frozen chicken parmesan - two servings included.  Easy preparation and quite good.

Trusted Contributor

Love the Trader Giotto's Bambino Pizza Formaggio. Four frozen individual pizzas, but I have no problem eating two in one sitting. They come out nice and crispy in my air fryer.