Honored Contributor

from HSN received today. That burgundy color is so pretty ! Thick edge pot only a 1 qt, but, I've already boiled eggs in it.

I've always determined how quality a pot is or skillet by the thickness of the outer rim edge. Thin stuff from walmart that runs 5 is non existent.  Smooth interior not rough like in that Lodge line.

0mHgJuLjF9Sj.gif

Respected Contributor

@SharkE I love my Symon cast iron...I ordered the burgundy and slate in several pieces when he first presented. They are really good quality and I almost don't want to cook in them because they are so pretty...Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

I went crazy over that big ol' burgundy skillet, but, man that would be HEAVY, plus, my glass cooktop just has 10 in . burners.

Don't want or can afford Le Crueset either. just don't want to have to handwash heavy cast iron. Just wanted one piece to look at LOL

Respected Contributor

@SharkE the pieces are heavy and I always share that when people ask where did I purchase them....I have always thought Le Creuset pieces were a little overpriced and glad I stumbled on this line...I have an Origami cart that I use to keep them on display...I still love my pieces heavy or not Smiley LOL!

Honored Contributor

I just got the one Le Crueset Caribbean blue 9x13 pan that has the ceremic.enamel coating on the inside. So pretty and fill it full of homemade hot rolls.

Great dish. Not as heavy as cast iron. 

Valued Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I went crazy over that big ol' burgundy skillet, but, man that would be HEAVY, plus, my glass cooktop just has 10 in . burners.

Don't want or can afford Le Crueset either. just don't want to have to handwash heavy cast iron. Just wanted one piece to look at LOL

Le Creuset has some very good smaller cast iron pieces that are a lot lighter and I find more useful overall. Still expensive but I do use my LC daily because of the smaller pieces.