Honored Contributor

Supper’s Comin’!!!

[ Edited ]

We are having taco salad for supper (my husband does all the cooking) so I asked my husband if he remembered the tostada chips & he said, "I'm getting ready to fry them".  BAM!  There's nothing like homemade chips!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife   Where do you go to find a husband who does all the cooking?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 - Mine does, too.  When we were first married, I did the cooking but I was never thrilled with that task.  DH loves to cook, so...over to him!

On the other hand, I do all the maintenance work around the house.  He's not "mechanically minded", so it's just as well I am.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia   I have to do it all but would prefer your arrangement.  I like to do repairs and have a enviable tool collection.

Honored Contributor

Re: Supper’s Comin’!!!

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 

LOL!  I found him when I was on vacation in St. Thomas years ago.  He started to come visit me in Dallas & would cook dinner so that it was ready when I got home from work.  It just stayed that way.  He does all the shopping, too.  He is much more frugal than I, so he knows the good deals & which grocery store to get them.  I, on the other hand am the complete opposite, so it's worked out great!

Edited to add:  I was just informed we are on our last can of Hatch Green Chiles.  Thank goodness we can at least get the canned ones here!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife    Too bad QVC doesn't sell and ship the frozen stuff.  I hear they didn't have a very good year in Hatch.  They couldn't get workers from Mexico to weed and pick the crop.  They were scared of the virus in the US.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh gosh my husband would make cereal. As for him even ordering out that would be a disaster. Feeding us is not in my husbands wheelhouse. Give him some blueprints and a hammer and he's amazing. Hope your dinner was great, your husband sounds amazing. ❤️