Esteemed Contributor

I went searching and found 49 recipes for the super bowl on Sports Illustrated web site. Some of them sound pretty tasty.

http://www.si.com/super-bowl-49-recipe-ideas

http://www.si.com/super-bowl-49-recipe-ideas

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor
On 1/23/2015 SuesCat said:

I lived and loved in Steeler (Stillers!) Country throughout nearly 30 yrs of my first marriage. My husband (rest his soul) used to LOVE having a slice of lebanon baloney or salami spread w/ cream cheese, then rolled, sliced, toothpicks for bite size. Happy snacking!

I married into that cult. We were in Pittsburgh when they were in the Super Bowl. yikes

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor
We're doing Kentucky Fried chicken and a buffet table full of chips, dips, nuts, pop corn etc. My friend is bringing a sheet cake.
Respected Contributor

I'm making hot wings and doing a brisket. Some kind of dip, haven't decided yet.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

We usually have chili or pizza. I think a taco bar or soup and hot sandwiches would be good too.

Trusted Contributor

I'll probably watch it at home with my hubby. We usually make nachos at home or pick up wings from a favorite nearby place. And beer. We don't usually make a big party out of it. Just us.

Honored Contributor

You could do a taco bar for the main dish, or instead of chili serve black bean soup or chicken tortilla soup and have cheese quesadillas for dipping.

Respected Contributor

thanks for the ideas. I think I'll try a taco bar with a crockpot of shredded beef.

Trusted Contributor

Pizza, chicken wings, chili, veggies and dip, fruit and dip, submarine salad (big green salad with turkey, salami, ham, tomatoes, onions and hard rolls cubed and topped with sub sauce instead of the usual Italian dressing - delish and different) potato chips and dip, tortilla chips and hot cheese dip and whoopee pies for dessert. It's more like an eating party than a Superbowl party as we are not a big football fan family but I guess everyone looks forward to it as it gives us something to look forward to in the middle of winter!!