Honored Contributor

Strawberries are tasting good!

In what ways will you be using strawberries this summer?

Respected Contributor

Re: Strawberries are tasting good!

In a salad.

Trusted Contributor

Made a strawberry rhubarb pie that my dear, wonderfully kind mother in law would have given a thumbs up.

Honored Contributor

Quality Gal - You are so right. I don't know what it is but every package of strawberries we bought this year have been juicy and tasty. But also the peaches are exceptional this year too. In fact every fruit we have bought at Sam's really are so good.

I end up just cutting up all the fruit and make a large fruit bowl. There are at least 10 different fruits. I will be sad when the season ends.

I would like to make a strawberry shortcake. But I would be the only one that would eat it. My son does not care for cakes or pies (don't know how he could be my son). And my husband had 2 heart attacks and is on a "special diet'. And I do not need to eat an entire shortcake.

Enjoy the strawberries.

Honored Contributor

I love them with some type of whipped topping. I also enjoy them in a fruit or regular salad.

Honored Contributor

I have some combination of strawberries,  pineapple, and blueberries ever day for lunch.   DH isn't fond of strawberries. 

Trusted Contributor

I use strawberries in smoothies and for snacking. 

We went to our friends' house for dinner last night and I made a pound cake.  I cut up strawberries, put a pinch of sugar in them and squeezed the juice from an orange and made that as a topping to go along with the cake.  Of course, we added some ice cream too! Smiley Happy

It was a hit!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our local strawberries are late this year but they are out in full force now and absolutely delicious! We went to a friends bbq last week and I made a strawberry trifle. It was not only gorgeous, it was the hit of the party! Just found the recipe on line. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Our local strawberries are late this year but they are out in full force now and absolutely delicious! We went to a friends bbq last week and I made a strawberry trifle. It was not only gorgeous, it was the hit of the party! Just found the recipe on line. 

@ID2. Ours were out on time. Went strawberry picking not to long ago. Fun for everyone!

Respected Contributor

Our strawberries were late this year also because of rain. I eat them fresh, make strawberry shortcake and most important make strawberry freezer jam!

Don’t even buy store bought jam anymore. It’s so easy to make and tastes like fresh strawberries. Use it on toast and p&j sandwiches. Sooo good.  😋