Honored Contributor

Still thinking about the KA Mini

Just watched an infomercial for the Kitchenaid Mini. Still giving it a LOT of thought. I don't know how many quarts my mom's was, but I sure do remember what she was able to do with it.

Ready to do a little more research. Maybe a holiday sale will convince me to pull the lever and buy........

Honored Contributor

Re: Still thinking about the KA Mini

It's 329.99 at Bed Bath and Beyond, maybe they will accept a  20% coupon. They also have free shipping over 29.00 Hope this helps!

Honored Contributor

I just recently got a full size KitchenAid mixer from B,B&B. Yes, I was able to use their 20% off coupon. But, JMO, why would you pay so much more for a mixer thats only special trait is its smaller? My mixer was so reasonably priced and was delivered to my door in two days. I got the aqua color and am madly in love with it!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I just recently got a full size KitchenAid mixer from B,B&B. Yes, I was able to use their 20% off coupon. But, JMO, why would you pay so much more for a mixer thats only special trait is its smaller? My mixer was so reasonably priced and was delivered to my door in two days. I got the aqua color and am madly in love with it!

You are 100% right about price, but in my situation, the small size is a major motivator. As much as I'd love to have the standard size, I have to have something with a smaller footprint or give up the idea altogether.

My DIL the cook has a standard KA, and of course loves hers too, and the aqua color is definitely my favorite of all the colors there are, but mine will have to be melon or tangerine, and mini 😩

Honored Contributor

@violann

I totally understand the fascination with this mini!

I haven't seen a complete infomercial or anything yet, but understand it still has the power of a big mixer. 

As long as the bowl capacity was sufficient for what I normally do, I'd consider it a genius of an invention. My KA sits out on the counter at all times, and that is very valuable real estate. Having one that took up much less space would be divine!

I think this opens up a whole new market. There are a lot of people who wouldn't  use their KA very often and don't need huge capacities in the mixing bowl, so never wanted to have a great big machine sitting around, taking up too much space. 

IT would be much easier to store and move around, for folks who put theirs away too. 

I'd love to see this presented on Q.

Honored Contributor

@ID2Nothing wrong with a full-size mixer.  I have one.  But it can't live on my counter, so I rarely use it.  Would gift it if I had a family member or good friend who'd use it even though it's practically new in terms of use.

Like @violann, I'm not convinced yet that even  the smaller mixer is a good idea for me.  I know it's small size capacity would work for my one-person household, but I'm not yet sure its weight and footprint would be better for me to use than a good handmixer instead of the one I bought for $5.99 a few years ago when I realized I was avoiding mixing anything that needed mixing power.  That beautiful cinnamon red mixer just never sees light.

Maybe -  just thinking aloud here.

Honored Contributor

I really like mine and the fact that it weighs less too.

I had the standard size, it took up too much space on the counter so it sat on a shelf and didn't get used but maybe once or twice because of the weight of it.

I'm able to leave the mini sitting on the cart next to my microwave and move it to the countertop without worrying about dropping it or hurting myself.

Honored Contributor

I got mine at B&B. Only had 3 colors to pick from. Red, sliver and black.

I got the red. After I sent my full size one back to Q I took that refund and plunked it down on this one. The mini has the 3 beaters, not the flex edge, and just one bowl. I used the 20% off coupon. 

Should be cheaper in my opinion, but, I believe they are targeting a specific audience. I wanted a good mixer for just mainly mashing potatoes and mixing egg whites without me standing there with a hand mixer while my big Cuisinart was doing the main batter.

I look for Q, in the future, to come out with it at a cheaper price, BUT, I think stuff gets damaged being sent to the Q, then, it has to come to peoples houses and can get damaged again. To much time in transit and being handled by people who don't care.

I 'd rather pay the BB price and know that I have 30 days to try it and get it fresh from them. Less time in shipping. So far so good.

Trusted Contributor

Aldi's had a 300 watt mixer with a 3 year warranty for $70. aldi's nov21016.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I live in such a few stores area. When I was up in Ind. my old home area they have a Meijers now. They have a Macy's.  All I have to shop from is Dillards, pennys, Kohl's (ugh). Don't know why Amarillo don't get in more stores. Sears is a ghost town now, last time I was in there it was mostly lawn mowers thought I could hear crickets in there.

People want to know why everybody is shopping online now. I can tell them in no time flat. NO SELECTION. What little they advertise is gone by the time you get there. Half the things they advertise in their circular they don't get in anyway.

Target is notorious for advertising food items and you drive there and the same ol 'stuff'   "We never got that in".   Walmart is so noisy it would wake Count Dracula. One screaming kid can run me out of the store.

Just have to order online early I guess. Fighting the traffic, standing in line, noisy and unruly children drives me to the pc.

ONe time i was at Sams Club and 2 teenage girls , sisters, I think decided they were gonna wrestle, so, they hit the floor and started fighting on the concrete. Mother, stood there and watched. I stared in horror LOL and couldn't wait to get out of there.