Honored Contributor

Make your own. DH made some yesterday with 3 lb chuck roast  3 lb top sirloin. Used the Kitchenaid meat grinder attachment.

Just bought some grass fed beef plus a few hamburgers to try from a new place in the area.

Steakburgers_resized.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

I just buy my hamburg from the butcher.  It's always good and $6/lb.  

Imo the OTO burgers were quite expensive.  I can always add my own spices.

Your burgers came out perfectly, @Nightowlz.  I can never shape them that well.Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor
We call that hamburger steak. Often topped with onions and or mushrooms in gravy! Salisbury steak in other areas.
Respected Contributor

@Nightowlzthey do look good & bet that taste great. Great idea combining different cuts of beef. Did you shape them by hand or use something because they look all the same size & perfect. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Steakburgers

[ Edited ]

@eddyandme wrote:

I just buy my hamburg from the butcher.  It's always good and $6/lb.  

Imo the OTO burgers were quite expensive.  I can always add my own spices.

Your burgers came out perfectly, @Nightowlz.  I can never shape them that well.Woman Frustrated

@eddyandme@sissel

I use my old Tupperware hamburger press.

They all weigh the same so get done at the same time.

We weigh the meat with a scale.

Image result for tupperware hamburger press

Respected Contributor

Thanks I had those burger presses but can't find them. I'm thinking of getting 2 different grounds of beef & do what you did. I don't have the grinder for my Kitchen Aid. Also will get the burger press too. 

Honored Contributor

@sissel - you can get a hamburger press at the dollar store.

When my husband brought it home, I thought it was the dumbest, most useless gadget ever until I used it.  I LOVE it!

Honored Contributor

The meat grinder for the KA mixer works very well. but the thing to remember is to slightly freeze the meat  cut in small chunks and use it very cold in the grinder-----works great!!!

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

The meat grinder for the KA mixer works very well. but the thing to remember is to slightly freeze the meat  cut in small chunks and use it very cold in the grinder-----works great!!!

@wagirl

Why do you slightly freeze the meat?

I know it likes to splatter so does it help with that? DH throws some paper towels over the top to keep all the splatter from going all over the kitchen. LOL!!!

Have to run some bread through the grinder to get it cleaned out when finished.

Honored Contributor

@ @Nightowlz---making the meat as cold as possible seems to help it go thru without squishing it to the sides of the grinder, then you have to stop it an clear it out. I  got this info from the KA website..