Honored Contributor

Any recommendations for excellent quality stainless steel cookware that comes with tempered glass lids rather than SS lids?

I'm giving away my Calphalon Contemporary pieces ( was never really a fan of them) and want to replace them with something that is top quality.  However I have found that most things considered top quality (All Clad) come with stainless lids.  Granted they offer a clean, professional look; but I prefer to see inside the pot or pan.

I generally don't go for sets because I like to pick and choose my pieces, but I would be willing to go for a set if I can get the type of cookware I want.  Your pearls of wisdom are welcome, and thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Stainless Steel Cookware

[ Edited ]

I couldn't find a decent set of SS cookware, so I ended up buying separate pieces from different brands---I have a Cuisinart 4 qt SS dutch oven, and 3 saucepans in different sizes and have a huge fry pan that is ok. I love them and use them all the time. SS is different to cook with, not like the nonstick. I don't use any spray oil on it. I also have a lovely set of Curtis Stones durapan that is to die for!!! 

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I couldn't find a decent set of SS cookware, so iIended up buying separate pieces from different brands---I have a Cuisinart 4 qt SS dutch oven, and 3 saucepans in different sizes and have a huge fry pan that is ok. I love them and use them all the time. SS is different to cook with, not like the nonstick. I don't use any spray oil on it. I also have a lovely set of Curtis Stones durapan that is to die for!!! 

@wagirl  What kind of lids do they have?  Cuisinart has glass, if I'm not mistaken, right? I don't care for non stick either.  I only have a couple of non-stick fry pans I use for eggs.  Also, I'm looking for clad cookware, not that aluminum disc on the bottom.  Are the Cuisinarts clad?

Respected Contributor

ARe: Stainless Steel Cookware

Allclad is excellent SS.

Respected Contributor

We've had All Clad for a while.  They work for us even with the stainless steel lids.  We value MADE IN USA products; All Clad fits that bill.

Honored Contributor

@Cats3000 @froggy  I have considered just buying the All Clad with the additional/optional glass lids.

Honored Contributor

I have purchased both Cooks Essentials and Circulon stainless that have glass lids.  Circulon has open stock that they will ship direct.  Both sets have non-stick if that's a deal breaker.

Honored Contributor

I tired some All Cald pieces but I hate the handles. They are suppose to be ergonomic but not IMO. They have a dip in top on the handles which makes it's difficult for me to pick it up??? I returned them.

I'm thinking about trying some Made In Cookware. They have stainless clad, carbon steel & non stick frying pans.

I'm waiting until Black Friday to see if they have any deals before I take the plunge.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz  Is that the name? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Nightowlz  Is that the name? 

Yes company name is & site online is Made In Cookware. I had never heard of it until I saw a commercial earlier this year. Looks like it would be good cookware. Says on their site their cookware are made in the best factories around the world. Their frying pans are made in the USA & Italy.