Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

I like Stacy & think she did a really good job .... give her a chance .... we all need a chance to prove ourselves...... what I didn't like was David interrupting her during the quick takes ... he was rude in doing that ... maybe he needs a little vacation!!

@January121 wrote:

I like Stacy & think she did a really good job .... give her a chance .... we all need a chance to prove ourselves...... what I didn't like was David interrupting her during the quick takes ... he was rude in doing that ... maybe he needs a little vacation!!

David does interrupt everyone a lot.  Also, if they set an item down, he has to adjust it.   Seems he is kind of picky.  I know the show is his responsibility, but he's getting to be too much.   I know sometimes they have to be guided for camera shots, but seem he has to "correct" everything.  Yes, the "happy dance" should go too.

Respected Contributor

@smb3   I was wracking my brain trying to figure out where I've heard the name Stacy Stauffer before.  She's from a local news channel - Thanks !

Trusted Contributor

@a10ecgirl.  

Why should it really matter to you? I consider the product pitched, not the hosts who are pitching it.

And FWIW, D.V.'s "Happy Dance, git it, git it, git it" is getting pretty old, and banal.  He is sometimes full of himself, like his testimonials, that the product tasted well in his "Foodie Court" and  that you should buy the product. Puulleze, give me a break.  I'd rather rely on customer reviews to make my buying decisions, than D.V.'s sale pitch.

@a10ecgirl wrote:

How do each of you feel about Stacy being on both Sunday and Wednesday? I don't like her as a co-host. I loved Mary and still watch her on her other shows but Stacy and David just dont have the chemistry he and Mary had. Can you find someone else to work with David instead? 

Honored Contributor

@duster95 wrote:

I really like Stacy, but she just had hubby and I rolling laughing. She did a promo for the ODO coming up - a set of Oneida flatware. She pronounced it almost like "Juanita". 😂😂

I'm glad I wasn't the only one.

I wasn't watching but had it on in the background, when I heard "Juanita", I looked up, thought to myself, "Boy howdy, a new product!"

Nope, just a mispronunciation

So much for show prep.

Respected Contributor

Let's have a show of hands from the people who have never mispronounced (sp?) a word. OK does not raise her's. I usually Woman LOL orWoman Embarassed

I will miss Mary but I like Stacy and will watch. I do not think she is quite the "foody" or at least as enthusiastic as David & Mary, but each host has their own personality. I think Stacy & Kristen kind of wrinkle thier noses at some of the more decadent dishes , but so do I at times. Stacy does seem to know cooking and about healthy meals.

DV does tower over most people so I wonder if he seems to interrupt when he hasn't heard them? Smiley Happy

I am one that would feel empty if DV didn't do at least one happy dance ! 

Spoiler
Smiley Wink

I 'mis' clicked on spoiler but can't seem to erase it .

Regular Contributor

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

Let's have a show of hands from the people who have never mispronounced (sp?) a word. OK does not raise her's. I usually Woman LOL orWoman Embarassed

I will miss Mary but I like Stacy and will watch. I do not think she is quite the "foody" or at least as enthusiastic as David & Mary, but each host has their own personality. I think Stacy & Kristen kind of wrinkle thier noses at some of the more decadent dishes , but so do I at times. Stacy does seem to know cooking and about healthy meals.

DV does tower over most people so I wonder if he seems to interrupt when he hasn't heard them? Smiley Happy

I am one that would feel empty if DV didn't do at least one happy dance ! 

Spoiler
Smiley Wink

I 'mis' clicked on spoiler but can't seem to erase it .

@okaywitheasypay I never said that I have never mispronounced a word, but Oneida is a brand that has been around a long time.  If you are selling the brand, the least you can do is pronounce the name correctly.  Who has never heard of the brand Oneida? 

Esteemed Contributor

I think Stacy is improving all the time. Mary And David have been together so long, it is going to be hard for her to fit in; so, let's give her a break. She seems to enjoy cooking, and she seems like a fun-loving person. I think at first she tried too hard, but now her personality is coming through more and more.

Honored Contributor

@walker wrote:

I agree with Caaareful Shopper.  Also, grandma2pkmh made a good point.  I was one who did not care for Mary being brought in with David on ITKWD.  I did not think she added anything to the show....only a distraction and interruption.  I even posted a comment about it.  Later, I apologized after I began to really enjoy Mary and found her to be a good addition to the program.  I wish her continued success but miss her with David now.  Never thought I would say that!  They should do Saturday Morning Q together.

Making changes is hard ....but, as many said...give Stacy a chance!  I will!  (How long does "a chance" take...ha...jk!)

I also say give Stacy  a chance.  I enjoy her on cooking shows with Chef Tony  and Chef Joseph.   I am also one that didn't care for Mary on ITKWD when she first was added to the show.  I felt she was too pushy and inserting herself into a larger role.  (Guess that did happen.)  When she became a full-time host, I felt she did a great job from the beginning on all types of shows.  I wish her ITKWM show was not just a "duplicate" of David's shows with all the same vendors and items.     I think in time Stacy's role w/David will work out.  I do like her on other shows she does solo.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

I think Stacy is improving all the time. Mary And David have been together so long, it is going to be hard for her to fit in; so, let's give her a break. She seems to enjoy cooking, and she seems like a fun-loving person. I think at first she tried too hard, but now her personality is coming through more and more.

Stacey has been in the job for a few years so she should be a seasoned host by now.  For some reason she has not found her spot.

As for the need for D to have a side kick I don't see one  (other than the 4 hr shows)  

Honored Contributor

I agree that David doesn't need a sidekick.  On the four hours shows, maybe have Chef Tony or Blue Jean Chef present 2 or 3 items in a row alone and David can get his break then.    (I know it's popular, but I also don't care for the social media thing.)