Occasional Contributor

Has anyone else had the finish rub off on their spurtles?  I used mine to stir spaghetti sauce and it seems as if the finish came off?

Thanks!

QVC Customer Care

wrote:

Has anyone else had the finish rub off on their spurtles?  I used mine to stir spaghetti sauce and it seems as if the finish came off?

Thanks!

Hi @Edith Anne , I apologize that has happened.  I sent an email to you regarding the Sputle orders. ~Kim

Trusted Contributor

WOW fast service Kim!!!

Respected Contributor

I haven't had the finish come off but the side of 2 of mine are splintered.  I do oil mine about once a month.  I use a special oil for that purpose.  But I threw away one because it kept splintering and the wood could come out in my food. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Edith Anne I just checked my old set of spurtles vs the new set I recently received. Yes, the old set difinitely lost that original sheen. However, they still work as promised, even though I set fire to the small spurt's handle and I dropped the slotted spurtle on the oven heating element and gave it an interesting burnt stripe across the slats! LOL! Love my spurtles!

Honored Contributor

One of mine got a chip in it and we never did find that chip! I'm afraid it went down the hatch.

Respected Contributor

I have had mine for a number of years.   What I do to keep them and other wooden items looking their best is rub them with cutting board oil I purchased at the hardware store.