Contributor

Spurtle with the Pull Chop. Works great!

I used my mini spurt yesterday when making a spread, and I also used my pull chop to mince the green pepper and onion.  I noticed the width of the mini spurt (and I'd assume it's the same for the big spurt....), is the same width of the vertical ribs on the inside of the bowl of Mark Charle's Pull Chop (K42447).  It made it SO easy to get all the minced veggies out!  I usually used a small silicone spatula before, and with those little ribs on the inside it took a lot of swiping to get all the food out.  But because the spurtle width goes from one rib to the other, one swipe in each section cleans the food out nicely.

It worked so well I just thought I'd let other folks know of the additional use for the spurtle.

Contributor

Re: Spurtle with the Pull Chop. Works great!

Thanks for letting us know.  I'll try it next time I use the pull chop.

Honored Contributor

I love it when a plan comes together!

I'm so wanting the pull chop but I'm someone who can break Lego's, so I figured with me working it, it wouldn't last long.

@quick cooking mom wrote:

I used my mini spurt yesterday when making a spread, and I also used my pull chop to mince the green pepper and onion.  I noticed the width of the mini spurt (and I'd assume it's the same for the big spurt....), is the same width of the vertical ribs on the inside of the bowl of Mark Charle's Pull Chop (K42447).  It made it SO easy to get all the minced veggies out!  I usually used a small silicone spatula before, and with those little ribs on the inside it took a lot of swiping to get all the food out.  But because the spurtle width goes from one rib to the other, one swipe in each section cleans the food out nicely.

It worked so well I just thought I'd let other folks know of the additional use for the spurtle.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

I'm so wanting the pull chop but I'm someone who can break Lego's, so I figured with me working it, it wouldn't last long.

@software I don't know if you have an Aldi by you but right now they have their version of the mini chopper for $8.99.  I just got one earlier today and will be trying it out tomorrow but the mechanism is very smooth and I have always had good luck with Aldi products and appliances.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

My Aldi chopper is working great! Love it!

Honored Contributor

Good to know!

Yes, I love Aldi's

@momtochloe wrote:

@software wrote:

@software I don't know if you have an Aldi by you but right now they have their version of the mini chopper for $8.99.  I just got one earlier today and will be trying it out tomorrow but the mechanism is very smooth and I have always had good luck with Aldi products and appliances.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have a small electric Cuisinart that is terrific and much faster.  I can prep pans of Christmas candies and cookies in the wink of your eye!-Really!