Honored Contributor

@LisaMofSLC - I have both sets and use them a lot!  I just used the mini silicone Spurtle tonight. I like the wooden ones because they are so sturdy. They are great for just about everything. I even use the larger one as a pizza tool! They are just great!

If you get one I would tell you to definitely get Lucinda's. She started it all!  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Thank you everyone for your responses. I wanted the small one for the bottoms of my peanut butter containers. I went to Bed Bath and Beyond, and found a skinny utensil that was perfect for that and the mayo jar. I get every drop now. I just wondered if, even at $16+, the set was worth it.

Honored Contributor

@LisaMofSLC wrote:

I decided after seeing the wooden spurtle set on sale, to get it. But then reading the reviews changed my mind. So I looked for the silicone ones, but they seemed to be sold out. I checked Amazon, Overstock and a couple other sites, but all sold out. Are they not making the set anymore. The company website that makes them have individual ones but I want to the set. Anyone know if there will be a re-stock on QVC, or did they say once gone, that was it? Thanks!

@LisaMofSLC 

It's now QVC2 Big Deal for $19.98 + $3.50 S&H.

https://www.qvc.com/Mad-Hungry-5-Piece-Multi-Use-Silicone-Spurtle-Set.product.K50483.html?sc=PRODFEE...

Trusted Contributor

I have the silicone set. I must say they clean up "funny" -- i.e., never look clean with spots and a grayish film. The rest of my dishes come out of the dishwasher without spots or a film but the spurtles always look dirty and I have to wipe them down by hand.

Honored Contributor

@LonestarBabs wrote:

I have the silicone set. I must say they clean up "funny" -- i.e., never look clean with spots and a grayish film. The rest of my dishes come out of the dishwasher without spots or a film but the spurtles always look dirty and I have to wipe them down by hand.

@LonestarBabs 

I wash mine by hand. If I don't dry them off they do have spots on them which I cannot stand so I dry them off.

They don't have a gray film on any of them.

Wonder if that could be from the dishwasher heat or the dishwasher soap?

Valued Contributor

I did buy the new 5 piece set for $20. In aqua!