Valued Contributor

I decided after seeing the wooden spurtle set on sale, to get it. But then reading the reviews changed my mind. So I looked for the silicone ones, but they seemed to be sold out. I checked Amazon, Overstock and a couple other sites, but all sold out. Are they not making the set anymore. The company website that makes them have individual ones but I want to the set. Anyone know if there will be a re-stock on QVC, or did they say once gone, that was it? Thanks!

Respected Contributor

There are a ton of the silicone sets on eBay where I probably bought mine anyway. I don't care for the wooden ones. I will say I don't use my spurtle set that much, I'm not crazy about them. I end up using my regular silverware. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Spurtle set

[ Edited ]

I know the presenter says you can dump your utensils with these but I have more pieces than what their uses are. I was just curious but like you say, I fear I would end up not using them much,

Respected Contributor

@LisaMofSLC wrote:

I know the presenter says you can dump your utensils with these but I have more pieces than what their uses are. I was just curious but like you say, I fear I would end up not using them much,

I just found them very thick, kind of big and heavy. They are sitting in another drawer. The only one I would probably use is the mini one.

Honored Contributor

I bought a set and they sat in the drawer then went to the Salvation Army.  I didn't find I used them much and they are bulky. 

Honored Contributor

@LisaMofSLC  I have both wooden and silicone and nothing compares to my wooden ones.  

Esteemed Contributor

I would never buy wooden.  But look around, there are lots of silicone choices and some shapes are nice for scraping sauces from corners.

Honored Contributor

I love my spurtles!  I hardly use anything else anymore!

HOWEVER, I started w/ the wooden ones.  Each one split in less than a yearr and I NEVER put in the dishwasher.  Only wash by hand AND dry immediately as I do w/ all my wooden utensils.  I bought both the acacia and bamboo...same thing.  They were supposed to have a year warranty which the company never honored after dozens of emails.

I purchased the silicone large set and as said, use them daily.

I would never buy the wood again.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the Q silicone Spirtle set and I wouldn't be without them! I use at least one of them every day. Granted there are 2 of them that I don't use very often, but I love using the other 4. I think I bought mine in the fall of last year, and I remember that they were a big hit. I wouldn't be surprised if the set is brought back again this fall by David.

Frequent Contributor

I have both sets, but I always use the silcone ones.  If you check HSN, Curtis Stone has a spurle,  but it's with other pieces, it might suit your needs for now.