Honored Contributor

I use a clean dish cloth every day.  They get cloroxed.

Respected Contributor

I like dishcloths. I've tried sponges, but they don't cover a very large surface (unless you get a large one, and that's kind of unwieldy). And you have to figure out how to keep them clean.

I change dishcloths after a day. Same for dishtowels.  

I buy dishcloths at Kohls, the Food Network brand. 

Honored Contributor

All dishes are washed by hand in this house with microfiber dishcloths only.  Absolutely no sponges ever.  

Esteemed Contributor

For diswashing and wiping down the counters, I use normal, everyday discloths that have the scrubbing material on one side.  I have a dish scratcher that I use if needed.  Occasionally, I'll use an SOS pad on glass Pyrex type casserole dishes w/ baked on food.  

If I remove everything from the counters and clean them with a cleanser, I just use paper towels and a scratcher sponge, if needed (laminate countertops).

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Microfiber cloths.  Changed out as needed, a new one every day at a minimum. I like that I can wash them in hot water and dry so that no germs linger as they do in a sponge.  Also use a non scratch scouring pad from Scotch that I can put in the dishwasher top rack to clean. 

I should also have said that I knitted a bunch of dishcloths that are used at the sink exclusively to wash dishes, pots, etc.  Microfiber used for all other kitchen cleaning.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry to go off topic, but every time I see this thread title, I think of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine's "sponges" were discontinued.  LOL. 

Honored Contributor

I use paper towels.  

Trusted Contributor

I used to use sponges until my late husband was diagnosed with leukemia.  Sponges are germ factories and a big no-no for cancer patients.  So, we went back to using dishcloths, use once and it goes into the laundry, same with kitchen towels and bath towels.  I buy inexpensive dishcloths at Big Lots or Walmart.