New Contributor

where is the recipe for the spiced nuts? Meredith said it was in her recipes but I couldn't find it? Thanks for your help! Rozy

Frequent Contributor
I couldn't either. She did say last night that she is almost finished her air fryer cookbook and it will be out this fall. If you find the recipe, please post it as I'd love to make them.
Contributor

It's on the TSV page under the tab "Recipes On Air".

Spiced Nuts

These make a great snack or nibble for when guests arrive at your house. A bowl of these will disappear in no time, so make several batches and store them in an airtight container.

MAKES: 3 cups

TEMPERATURE: 300º F COOKING TIME: 25 minutes

Ingredients:

1 egg white, lightly beaten

¼ cup sugar

1 teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon ground cinnamon

¼ teaspoon ground cloves

¼ teaspoon ground allspice

Pinch ground cayenne pepper

1 cup pecan halves

1 cup cashews

1 cup almonds

Directions: 1. Combine the egg white with the sugar and spices in a bowl. 2. Pre-heat the air fryer to 300ºF. 3. Spray or brush the air fryer basket with vegetable oil. Toss the nuts together in the spiced egg white and transfer half of the nuts to the air fryer basket. 4. Air-fry for 25 minutes, stirring the nuts in the basket a few times during the cooking process. Taste the nuts (carefully because they will be very hot) to see if they are crunchy and nicely toasted. Air-fry for a few more minutes if necessary. Repeat with remaining nuts. 5. Serve warm or cool to room temperature and store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.

New Contributor

Thank you!

New Contributor

Thank you so much! Printed it out and will give them a try!

Respected Contributor

@Leelynn wrote:
I couldn't either. She did say last night that she is almost finished her air fryer cookbook and it will be out this fall. If you find the recipe, please post it as I'd love to make them.

@Leelynn

Amazon is taking advance orders now for the cookbook.  $13.31 & pub date is Dec 1st.

Valued Contributor

Is it necessary to have an air fryer to make these spice nuts and many other of the recipes demonstrated?  I'd love to get an air fryer but have no room for it in my kitchen.  It seems to me that just about everything shown can be made in a regular oven.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks so much.    docsgirl

Contributor

I think any of the recipes including the nuts can be cooked in your oven.  You just have to figure the time and temp to cook them at.  I do not have an AF but will probably try the nuts.  I will try 375 for a few minutes at a time.  I will stir the nuts after 10 minutes and keep on doing that until I'm happy with the results.  Another thing is to Google and find a similar recipes and use those temps and cooking times.  I do that a lot with recipes.

Valued Contributor

Thanks so much, Misty.  As stated, I really don't need something else that will take up counter space especially if I can do most of the recipes in my oven. Those spiced nuts sure do look goodl.  Thanks, again.

docsgirl

Contributor

You're welcome Docsgirl.  I just google the nut recipe and there are lots of recipes out there for them.  Here's the cooking time and directions from one.

Preheat oven 350. Bake nuts in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Stir nuts until the warm syrup coats every nut. Spread into a single layer, return to the oven, and bake until nuts are sticky and roasted, about 6 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.