Honored Contributor

Speaking of Recipes..any new cookbooks bought?

While I have cleared out some unused, unwanted cookbooks, I realize that I have new room for others I really really would like. But I'm being very careful on selections. It has to work for us now.

It doesn't mean I don't care about new cookbooks though. So, if you found a jewel at your local library or even purchased one, please share.

Thanks for sharing.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Speaking of Recipes..any new cookbooks bought?

Deep South Dish - Mary Foreman: This was hawked on QVC a while back and it seemed interesting. I bought it from Amazon and when it was delivered and I had a chance to peruse it, I was very disappointed. I'm so sorry I bought it; truly a waste of money IMO. Nothing I am interested in trying.

Comfortable in the Kitchen and Comfortable Under Pressure - Meredith Lawrence: I love both of these books and use them quite often, esp when I need dinner on the table relatively quickly. I love my pressure cooker and the recipes are easy to follow with ingredients that I have in my kitchen. You won't find canned "Cream of" anything in her books; at least I haven't yet. You will find out how to make your own stock and broth in a pressure cooker, which is how I always make mine now. I really do like these cookbooks.

Cook's Country Eats Local: This was another QVC purchase, although I got it from Amazon. While I haven't made any of the recipes in this book, I think I'm going to enjoy cooking from it. I just got it last week. I'm intrigued by many of the recipes.

Not newly purchased, but worth mentioning:

The Great American Slow Cooker Book - Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough: I have made quite a few of the recipes in this book. Not a bad one yet. Many of them are freezable, too, so that just adds to freezer meals for busy nights if I choose to make them ahead of time. Particularly during the winter, I will spend a Saturday in the kitchen, cooking and baking breads and such. This will be nice for this coming winter.