Honored Contributor

Spagetti Squash Tutorial What Do you Think?

I just stumbled over this delightful chef with her own channel "Bits and Pieces on youtube.  I was looking into spaghetti squash as an alternative to pasta to use with pesto.

I found Ms Yoon very enjoyable and highly informative.  I wouldn't put red pepper in the sauce,  because I don't enjoy hot.

I could also see sauteed fresh tomato, spring onions, mushrooms, and green pepper with spaghetti sauce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPMpcVLuSEY

How do you use this vegetable?Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Spagetti Squash Tutorial What Do you Think?

@ECBG @Got to tell you spaghetti squash ‘spaghetti’ is a family favorite in my house.  

I do as video cut in half roast on tray with little water but if in rush heat up good brand marinara sauce and add my own meatballs - or store bought - sprinkle with Parmesan yummy!  We eat half a squash each!  Plus filling.  I do usually make my own sauce and you can add all kinds of good things.  Love it.  Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@ECBG @Got to tell you spaghetti squash ‘spaghetti’ is a family favorite in my house.  

I do as video cut in half roast on tray with little water but if in rush heat up good brand marinara sauce and add my own meatballs - or store bought - sprinkle with Parmesan yummy!  We eat half a squash each!  Plus filling.  I do usually make my own sauce and you can add all kinds of good things.  Love it.  Enjoy!

@dulwich Oooooo....thanks!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@ECBG  When roasting cut side down keep checking that it is soft - some squash take a long time to roast soft - so when you serve cut side up with cooked filling on top you can scrape the strands of ‘squash spaghetti’ under the filling with fork.  Just make sure it is soft.

Trusted Contributor

I make spaghetti squash the way I tasted it at Bonefish Grill. I cut it in half, scoop out the seeds, put it cut side down in a bowl with a  little water. Cook 7 min. per half. Then I shred the squash with a fork, add butter and brown sugar. Yum.

Valued Contributor

If any of you have a instant pot, they are very easy to cook whole.  We love them with butter, salt and pepper.

Honored Contributor

@geegerbee wrote:

I make spaghetti squash the way I tasted it at Bonefish Grill. I cut it in half, scoop out the seeds, put it cut side down in a bowl with a  little water. Cook 7 min. per half. Then I shred the squash with a fork, add butter and brown sugar. Yum.

@geegerbee Bone Fish has that?  Surprising!Smiley Happy