Honored Contributor

@SharkE : You better behave and be careful cause Santa making his list you know the naughty or not😁 . Thanks for the brownie information and will look for them- I like anything that is quick and ez. Cold and rainy here and just made a big pot of vegetable beef soup. Put a hen in the instant pot. I will shred it and put it in my dressing. Will be making the dressing this afternoon. I always make enough for Thanksgiving and Christmas and put it in the freezer.Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

That instant pot cooks to fast for me. It's hard to gauge how long to cook something. I use it on occasion, but, like just a regular pressure cooker more

Just what I'm used too I guess.

Down here in Tx all they make is that ol' cornbread dressing. I can eat it, but, like my country way of doing it better with stale bread. Found a recipe long time ago in Taste of Home magazine back when it was a good magazine. I still take it, but, like when they used to have pictures and recipes together and you just cut them out.  Husband won't eat dressing any way.   sigh..............all he wants is meat and cole slaw.

I forgot to answer your question about my 'new' eyesight it's getting stronger everyday ! Now, I can see the caller ID on the phone without reaching for glasses, when I went to walmart Thurs I didn't have to rummage thru my bag hunting for my glasses to read information on the bags and could read labels. Threw all my glasses out. Only thing I can't see real well is tiny, tiny print like at the bottom of coupons, but, then , nobody can.  So glad I paid extra for astigmatism correction ! I may

have to go get readers after the dust settles or just go back to cheap stores and get those cheapie readers if I don't want to pay for professional grade.

Honored Contributor

My Mother and Bigmama always made the cornbread dressing and I have never really tried anything else. I cannot eat sage and don't put it in my dressing.

Really loved the old Taste of Home magazine and decided to try it again last year and very disappointed and not tempted with any of the recipes.

That is great news about your eyesight. Hate glasses but are a necessity for me not complaining and blessed that I can  👀👀👀. Southern Bee