Honored Contributor

I had a craving for potato soup so this morning I got busy and got a pot of it on the stove. Lunch will be tasty. What have you been craving ( if anything )  lately ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

I love soup!  I make a big pot every week.  Usually bean vegetable.  

Lately I have been craving sweets and lots of bread.  Must be fall!!  :-)

Esteemed Contributor

Went to a potluck on Saturday where there were hashbrown casseroles and now all I want are hashbrowns. Lol. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Hot cocoa and a cozy fire.

Honored Contributor

Any one have a easy recipe for corn chowder?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Yesterday, I had a large container of fresh organic butternut squash.  It was a foggy overcast day and was inspired to make soup.  

So I glazed onions and they went into the Instant Pot with the butternut squash, added some veggie Better Than Bullion, then some soy, oat milk, and water - seasoned with chopped garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, basil, and thyme - added Table Tasty after cooking and whirled smooth in the blender. Just right for gloomy weather...brightened up the day!  

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Yesterday, I had a large container of fresh organic butternut squash.  It was a foggy overcast day and was inspired to make soup.  

So I glazed onions and they went into the Instant Pot with the butternut squash, added some veggie Better Than Bullion, then some soy, oat milk, and water - seasoned with chopped garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, basil, and thyme - added Table Tasty after cooking and whirled smooth in the blender. Just right for gloomy weather...brightened up the day!  

@phoenixbrd , That sounds delightful !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

- Love High Carb Hannah's recipe for corn chowder made in...

@goldensrbest - Love High Carb Hannah's recipe for corn chowder made in the Instant Pot.    I always keep Red Thai Curry paste, a can of coconut milk, red lentils in the panty so I can toss these in the IP- it is worth it!  Here are the ingrediants (you don't want to skip any, the flavor is very robust and satisfying)::

1 red pepper

2 large russet potatoes

1/2 dice onion

1 cup red lentils

1 tsp paprika

1/2 tbsp garlic powder

1tsp veg bullion. (I use veggie Better Than Bullion - another staple for me and can now be found at some Costco stores)

1 tbsp red Thai curry paste

1 can coconut milk

2 lbs frozen corn (I buy at TJs and always have a couple of bags in the freezer)

1 qt or 4 cups of water (use 1/2 water and 1/2 plant based milk for creamyness)

Honored Contributor

made a sausage and potato soup with some leftover italian sausage/chicken sausage on saturday. it was quick and easy and i had all of the ingredients right in my fridge, which made it even better.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1   Thanks😉