Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sometimes I forget that DH needs explicit directions....

That's funny. He did exactly what you asked. He could have put it in the sink instead of on the table. He didn't even knock the vase over.
Trusted Contributor

Through the years I have learned to do things myself if I want things done....my hubby only moves in only one speed......slow!

Respected Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

my DH will wash dishes (Thank You very much!)

but will make a new stack in the cabinets rather than add to a stack plainly in view, that has been there a million years, that he took the item from no yet

No  I do not make a peep about it

Mine loads the diswasher every night. We usually have a few things on the island which is to his back as he loads. Last night I said FOUR times "don't forget the glass behind you". Yep. That glass was still on the island two hours later.

And he doesn't get the nesting bowl concept. I have about 6 mixing bowls that all nest together. But he stacks big ones on top of smaller ones. ????

Honored Contributor

LOL!!! That's when I would have said I said to put it on the table not lay it on the table. Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat 

There's a cartoon called Pickles that made me think of you yesterday.  The husband proudly tells his wife that he has a surprise for her - he has "put clean sheets on the bed."  When they go into the bedroom, there are the clean sheets, dumped in a pile in the middle of the bed. I swear, it looked just like your picture, with sheets instead of a tablecloth.  

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Not exactly explicit instructions, but this reminded me of the thread here. I made a salad today and added a few shakes of Everything Bagel seasoning. I ate my portion and put the rest in the refrig for DH to eat later. When I came back from the pharmacy, he told me he had some salad, but it was full of little black bugs, but he thought he had picked most of them out. What??? How could that be? I looked at what was still left - and knew right away it was the seasoning - the poppy seeds! "Oh" he said - "they looked like gnats".....shaking my head! LOL!

Respected Contributor

I sent my husband to the grocery store to put up just a couple of things.  One of them was 1/2 pound of cheese from the deli.  He bought home a 1/2 pound all right, all in one block...not sliced.  Who goes to the deli for a block of cheese?  The deli person should of known better too.  I feel your pain.  My husband would of done the same thing.

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy 

@shoesnbags 

Your posts made me chuckle out loud!

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

Not exactly explicit instructions, but this reminded me of the thread here. I made a salad today and added a few shakes of Everything Bagel seasoning. I ate my portion and put the rest in the refrig for DH to eat later. When I came back from the pharmacy, he told me he had some salad, but it was full of little black bugs, but he thought he had picked most of them out. What??? How could that be? I looked at what was still left - and knew right away it was the seasoning - the poppy seeds! "Oh" he said - "they looked like gnats".....shaking my head! LOL!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

@jannabelle1  he did great. Some men would have thrown it out thinking they were bugs. He ate it? He´s a keeper for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

Guess men are not the only ones...

May be an image of text that says 'I got my wife to help me put some posts in the ground for our new fence, I gave her the new hammer and I said, "When I nod my head, you hit it."I don't remember much after that. CL'