Esteemed Contributor

Sold my Kitchen Aid stand mixer!

About 10 years ago when I was having a middle of the night “I can’t sleep” episode I turned on QVC and they were selling Kitchen Aid stand mixers.  Now I hate to cook and I certainly don’t bake but somehow I decided that owning one of these would somehow magically turn me into a mini Betty Crocker.  I can only blame my temporary loss of sanity on sleep deprivation.  I ordered one and in 10 years I used it twice.  It has spent almost 10 years gathering dust in the deep dark recesses of a seldom visited kitchen cabinet.  I needed space for my newly purchased Air Fryer and when I spotted the Kitchen Aid taking up all that space I knew it had to go. Posted a ad on our community FB page and within 30 minutes the new owner was walking out my door with it.  I am $50 richer and it will have a new home with someone who,will use it.  I still have and use my Kitchen Aid hand mixer and that works just fine for my needs.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sold my Kitchen Aid stand mixer!

Good deal for that gal !

Wish I could find more air fryer books. I have to look at 3-4 books just to

gain knowledge for the stuff I'd be making. Basics is all I want. Most cookbooks you have to pay 20 and up for and they will only have one or 2

recipes that is just for the home cook.

I'm not interested in Martha Stewart type of eating. Just basic french fries homemade and frozen Ora Ida, wings, salmon, potato chips.

Trusted Contributor

good for you! i bought one for the same reasons as yours (wah wah), and now i can’t wait to sell it! i didn’t touch it at all. i hope to have your good luck too.  

Honored Contributor

Oh man, the woman who got your like new stand mixer really got a bargain. I have mine for 25 years and have used it to death and it still has many years on it.

Trusted Contributor

I received mine as a gift, and I hardly ever bake.  I've used it about 4 times in 8 years.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

About 10 years ago when I was having a middle of the night “I can’t sleep” episode I turned on QVC and they were selling Kitchen Aid stand mixers.  Now I hate to cook and I certainly don’t bake but somehow I decided that owning one of these would somehow magically turn me into a mini Betty Crocker.  I can only blame my temporary loss of sanity on sleep deprivation.  I ordered one and in 10 years I used it twice.  It has spent almost 10 years gathering dust in the deep dark recesses of a seldom visited kitchen cabinet.  I needed space for my newly purchased Air Fryer and when I spotted the Kitchen Aid taking up all that space I knew it had to go. Posted a ad on our community FB page and within 30 minutes the new owner was walking out my door with it.  I am $50 richer and it will have a new home with someone who,will use it.  I still have and use my Kitchen Aid hand mixer and that works just fine for my needs.

That's what I call a win- win.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

$50...that was a great deal for someone.  Heck I would have given you twice that amount!

My KA mixer was purchased in the late 70’s.  It still works fine and I should have killed it by now.  I used to burn out hand mixers to the tune of about three each year.

i have an air fryer, but I only it when the kids or grandkids are here.  I have the one that was offered as a Q2 deal a few days ago, that I got at a better pice this past summer.

I was excited to get it, but it’s not so great for what we actually eat and takes up a lot of room.

Hey, I would have traded you your KA for my air fryer.

Super Contributor

Go to You Tube and type in air fryer videos. There are so many good recipes there. Cooking With Doug does many easy recipes. I find all my newest recipes on You Tube even though I have a ton of cookbooks.

Honored Contributor

I have one of those top of the line Nutri Bulletts I bought from HSN about a year ago and I've never taken it out of the box.  I paid $100.00 for it as a TS.

My county has a garage sale site on FB and I keep saying I'm going to sell it on there.  My SIL sells all kinds of stuff on that site.   

Respected Contributor

Heh! If we are looking for a little happiness in life, lets get a beach chair, and go to the beach holding a big Margurita !! Sounds better than being suzy homemaker anymore.Anyone in on this??