Honored Contributor

Re: So, You do not like turkey......What do you cook?????????

I am not a turkey lover - just cook one a year for Thanksgiving but I LOVE turkey sandwiches on good white bread with Best Foods mayo!!!

Fix what your Dad would like to eat.

Trusted Contributor

For years, my family had lasagna on Thanksgiving. More recently, we switched to roast beef. This year, it will be ham. Cool

Trusted Contributor

I don't eat turkey or chicken so I will make seafood lasagna made with crab & lobster. That's pretty much become my Thanksgiving tradition although the rest of the family (my husband included) still has turkey. Otherwise I just enjoy the sides everyone makes. Glad to see I'm not the only one that doesn't do turkey!

Respected Contributor

I would say lasagna with sweet Italian sausages is a good substitute for turkey, but you should make a meal that you and your father like best.

Honored Contributor

Rib roast!

Super Contributor

Most of have a favorite meal.......so if turkey is not your favorite just fix whatever foods that your family likes.......The food is not what is really important.......what is important is that you and your Dad enjoy a meal together and have a nice time.........
Respected Contributor

It's just DH and me this year. As much as I love chicken, I am not much on turkey. DH can take it or leave it. So, I have decided to get a small prime rib. Will get some brussel sprouts, Yukon gold potatoes to mash with chives and whatever else comes to mind.

Respected Contributor

On 11/21/2014 Julie928 said:

I don't eat turkey or chicken so I will make seafood lasagna made with crab & lobster. That's pretty much become my Thanksgiving tradition although the rest of the family (my husband included) still has turkey. Otherwise I just enjoy the sides everyone makes. Glad to see I'm not the only one that doesn't do turkey!

Julie, would you be so kind as to share your seafood lasagna recipe - I've always wanted to try it! Thanks.

Denise
Respected Contributor

What about chicken pot pie...with cranberry sauce on the side,maybe some green beans???it's festive,comforting,and it has crust....crust makes everything an occasion...lol. we have this on Christmas eve and have Chinese on Christmas day.
Trusted Contributor

It shouldn't be about the food. I'd cook whatever you both really like, and enjoy your Dads company