Respected Contributor

Simple Human trash cans Question

I am looking for a new kitchen trash can I am looking at Simplehuman cans.

Does anyone know which cans can be used with standard trash bags. I am trying to avoid being locked into buying their bags only.

Thanks!!!

Re: Simple Human trash cans Question

Yes, the 45L can will use regular 13-gallon bags.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I was wondering the same thing. I like the slimmer design of these and the hands free operation. I did not want to be locked into the expense and trip of finding "special" bags.Ii keep looking at them at BBB but I prefer copper and not stainless. There is another slim style with a foot pedal that is copper and does not require any special bags.  I still may purchase that one. I saw a stainless version at the At Home store and the price was good.   

Contributor

I purchased mine from Bed Bath and Beyond, and I love it.  I use regular bags, stretch a bit but they work. 

Valued Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

I am looking for a new kitchen trash can I am looking at Simplehuman cans.

Does anyone know which cans can be used with standard trash bags. I am trying to avoid being locked into buying their bags only.

Thanks!!!

I have had mine for several years. I've used standard sized trash bags and found that the top of the bag doesn't fit as snugly around the top of the trash can liner. I like how the simple human bags fit, so I buy those. They are pricy but sometimes I find them at Amazon at a good price.