Trusted Contributor

Should I get a juicer or an extractor?

I love juice and refuse to pay 12.00 for one when I can make it myself for a lot less. I saw a Breville juicer with very good reviews for a hundred dollars. Then there is a ninja nutribullet pro auto iq 1100 that has a few features and mentions an “extractor” this particular machine is on sale for 75. Do I get the Breville or the Ninja? Any advice much appreciated.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Should I get a juicer or an extractor?

@Allthingsgirly67 

I own the Breville cold juicer... Highly recommend it. Use it about 340 days in a year so I leave it on the counter.  Ninja did not work for me.

Honored Contributor

@Allthingsgirly67 @hopi 

I have been thinking about this idea lately. 
Need to somehow consume celery and hoping if I juiced the celery I could add it to other things.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Allthingsgirly67 @hopi 

Question: where can I purchase produce that is safe for juicing meaning the water and soil  used to grow it was clean?

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 

I juice celery every day. Since the pandemic organic is hard to find at decent price or good quality.  99% of the time my celery purchases are at Aldi,.  USA No.1 fresh, firm, strong, most of the time very clean.

Either way I usually cut 8 bunches at a time. Soak in baking soda for 20  min and rinse twice  more using a veggie brush each time . This way it lasts about 6 days of juicing.  My sister says I am OCD about cleaning my celery but I drink alot and want it at it's best. 

Valued Contributor

I have a Hamilton Beech brand and works great. I think I paid $40 for it, but that was 6 or so years ago. 

Trusted Contributor

Hamilton Beach doesn’t have good reviews at all. So the two I mentioned had good ratings. Just wondering which type to get.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

@Allthingsgirly67 @hopi 

Question: where can I purchase produce that is safe for juicing meaning the water and soil  used to grow it was clean?

@LTT1 

I think even if it's grown in clean soil if you can still find any of that with clean water if it rains water that's not so clean can possibly run down on it. Depends on where it's grown & what's running down from where it's located. 

All we can do is buy organic, non-gmo, non-processed foods & hope for the best. It's a shame we have to do that. Our food should be safe to eat but I don't feel that it is. 

Honored Contributor

@hopi 

Thank you very much for this info!

As far as I'm concerned... I think it's ok to be OCD about food!

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz 

@Nightowlz wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@Allthingsgirly67 @hopi 

@LTT1 

I think even if it's grown in clean soil if you can still find any of that with clean water if it rains water that's not so clean can possibly run down on it. Depends on where it's grown & what's running down from where it's located. 

All we can do is buy organic, non-gmo, non-processed foods & hope for the best. It's a shame we have to do that. Our food should be safe to eat but I don't feel that it is. 

I agree!