Honored Contributor

Hi Sharke: My kitchen aid stand mixer died  Saturday. Mixing just confectioners sugar frosting- tilt head and bowl locked in place but it was shaking, dancing and making straining noises. The assembly that holds the beaters fell off. Had trouble with it for several months and leaking oil. This was 9 years old that was a warranty replacement of a KA mixer purchased in 2001. DH said no more expensive mixers.I just purchased the Cuisinart Precision S mixer. 12 speed, 5.5 qt bowl, 500 watts and weighs 15 pounds, purchased Black. Guess what: Home Depot beat everyone price even Bed Bath and Beyond for $155.98 and free shipping normally $249.99. BBB price with 20 % $199. I wanted the Smig but helping family members with necessities. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee     Smeg's has jumped in price. You done good with Cuisinart. Think you will  really like it. No more Kitchen aid 's for me.

Enjoy !

Honored Contributor

@SharkE : Already shipped and delivery scheduled for Friday. No more KA products. Praying that nothing else breaks during this stressful time.❤️❤️❤️🙏🙏🙏

Honored Contributor

We had 2 inches of snow (In Texas) on ground this morning to boot. LOL

Enjoy your mixer ! That's exciting isn't it ? When I got my red SMEG from a place it was like a kid at Christmas time got it in 2 days !!!

@SouthernBee 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE : Snow 😁!!  It was cool here  this morning but now 79. Yea- something for me to get excited about. Now the big decision to decide what to mix up first. DH said the only other appliance he wants me to purchase - a bread machine but every one is sold out and can't find any bread flour or yeast. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

Q don't have any ?

Try Bed and Bath

everythingkitchens   (where I bought my Smeg)

overstock

hsn

walmart

target

should be easy to find. I got a Zo (short for that big Swiss name or whatever it is) forget where I bought that at, myabe Everythingkitchens

King Arthur sells small appliances, also

Honored Contributor

@SharkE : BBB, Walmart, Home Depot, HSN , sold out will check others you suggested. Thanks. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

Every site you suggested that I checked is sold out of bread machines😢😢 but thanks for the help. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

Montgomery Ward has some.  Best Buy is sold out.

I'll keep looking guess Willaims Sonoma is sold out, too

@SouthernBee      Wonder if Paula Deen, Pioneer Woman ? Rachael Ray

Honored Contributor

@SharkE : Thanks. I'll keep looking. Southern Bee