Honored Contributor

Re: Selling off my Kitchen Aid mini

@SharkE : I have the Oster hand mixer and suppose to press a button and the beaters easily pop out but not for me. Purchased because when I needed one it was on sale and had good reviews. Had a wrestling match with it today when I mixed cream cheese and sour cream. DH had problems with it. Just tired. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

Yikes! SMEG here is 459 and 489 at HSN !

I'd love to have a pink one ! LOL

Honored Contributor

I watched an episode of Giada in Italy and she was making something with a Smeg mixer.  She looked like she was struggling with it.  Is it difficult to use?  Are the controls on the back end of it?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've never had any problems with the KitchenAid products I have had over many years of housekeeping.  I still have them and they work fine.  Would not consider selling them or giving them away.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon    Oh God no !

SMEG mixers are retro back to earlier times . The beaters take off and on like a dream. You don't have to adjust the screw for beater placement relative to the bowl like I did on the kitchen aids I"ve had.

You push in on the spot behind the mixer to lift the mixer head, insert your beater, place the stainless steel bowl in the spot and lock to locked position

and the chrome knob on top you just go up to as high as you want to mix.

I bought mine from Everythingkitchens back yr ago think it was when they didn't charge tax to Tx. and had free shp, plus, used my reward points and got mine in RED.  Love the pink too. LOL

I got in 2 days !!!!  Everything worked fresh out of box, no issues.

Watch the HSN video and the gal does a great job of explaining and showing how to use it , how much it will do at one time, etc.

if that Italian girl was struggling she was probably doing bread dough and she's tiny, so, she was probably in an awkward position to show the camera angles, etc.

I won't hear nothing against the SMEG hahhahhaa   KA was the best when my grandma was cooking and I"m 68, but, like most modern things nowdays it's gone to seed now.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE  Thank you for all the information!!

Honored Contributor

Best deal I've ever seen on the SMEG is when HSN had a one day only offer of 299 !!!!!!!   Right now even at the high price they only have in black (ugh)

I hope to get some calls this week on the ad I put in the local paper once I sell the mini, last of the KA for me.

Their food processor I got too and the lid is a PITA to take on and put on

Since that one I noticed they came out with a new food processor and they made a point of mentioning "easy on and off lid" bet they got a lot of gripes about it. I went to Walmart and got a cheap Oster food processor and it's a dream.

Just staying away from that brand. I'm glad it works for some folks, but, it's like a lot of things what works for one may not work for another.