Honored Contributor

Selling off my Kitchen Aid mini

fed up with putting on and taking off those beaters.

Red mini one is up for 150.

I had a big red mixer sold it off when I got the SMEG, put the Cuisinart full size in hallways counter. Bought a red mini and I've been struggling

with the beaters getting locked every since. I push it upward and locate the slot and it jams, go to remove and I have to push back up and try to pull down and it takes forever for the **** thing to release.

Finally this morning I decided I'm advertising it and getting rid of it once and for all went and got the full size Cuisinart out of hallway and put back in kitchen, ain't red, but, it's good quality. My last KA !

Honored Contributor

Re: Selling off my Kitchen Aid mini

My almond colored full size kitchen mixer is about 40 years old.  I have never had any issues with it.

I think The mini model is cute, but not practical. Way too small to be of any use to me.  if I need small, I'll use my $10 hand mixer that must be at least 35 years old and works great.

I have two hand held KA mixers..one never used in my basement and one in my RV...they have no power and aren't very good for anything, but maybe a cake and frosting.

Regular Contributor

kitchenaide is owned by Whirlpool. I don't think the quality is there anymore. I sent a processor back because it was poorly made. There is a big difference between the old and the new stuff.

if the old appliances work ...keep them.l

Honored Contributor

I just give stuff away.  Too much headache to try to pack it up so it won't break.

I bought the latest Keurig and gave away the other latest one I never even used.

I give stuff to my friends.  They never have to buy anything.

It would be my luck the stuff would break.

I can't pawn it off on my kids either.

I think it's good you can sell stuff makes it worthwhile to get new stuff.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE : My KA leaks oil. When it quits will replace with the cuisinart you suggested since I can't afford the smeg.Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@SharkE : My KA leaks oil. When it quits will replace with the cuisinart you suggested since I can't afford the smeg.Southern Bee

@SouthernBee Is it the large tilt-head mixer?  I used to leave mine with the head tilted up and noticed there was oil running down the stand.  Cleaned it up and left the head down and no more problems.  I did have to put a paper towel in that hole in the bottom that runs to the top of the stand for a bit until the oil that had gotten in there had worked it's way down.  

@SharkE hubby bought a Wolfgang Puck hand mixer several years ago that works great.  Everything stores in a small box with a handle on it.  I also have a WP food processor I really like.  It is soooo quiet and all the tools/blades store on-board and the plug retracts into the body (although it does take a little pushing to get it in there).  Wouldn't trade it for anything.  Regrettably, I think both of those models are probably discontinued since he has moved on to that upside-down mixing thing.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess :Yes-tilt head mixer but I leave it down. I keep paper towels under it.

I have the WP electric knife that has a handle which is easier to grip when hands get greasy and purchased a second one for a replacement later. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

If you watch they have the SMEG on sale for 300 at HSN and in colors

I paid 450 for mine and I wouldn't trade it for barrel of gold nuggets. LOL

Sometimes HSN runs a good deal on them FREE shp, easypay, etc.

KA are pretty things, but, I don't like to fight and fuss with my gadgets.

Men make them and don't know what they're doing. LOL @SouthernBee 

Respected Contributor

I have a KA 7qt and also the mini.Have never had problems with either one. I don't have a problem with the beaters. I like having the different sizes for different purposes.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a cinnamon red KA  5 qt. Artisan stand mixer. Bought a matte chrome(?) KA stand mixer as a bridal shower gift for DDIL. Recently picked up an older 3.5 qt. classic white KA stand mixer at a yard sale for $20.00. Cost a fortune to ship it cross country to DS and his fiance, but still a bargain.