Honored Contributor

Sears Appliance Repair Is Still Open!!!!

[ Edited ]

During the years, we usually bought all of our appliances at Sears.

I needed a new thermostat for the oven (I killed the temp gage with the auto clean) and was delighted to find my model and year on everything is on file!  I don't have to pull the range out to get serial numbers, or have 2 appointments because he didn't have the right parts !

The private appliance stores owners have aged out and closed here.

Respected Contributor

Re: Sears Appliance Repair Is Still Open!!!!

@ECBG   Thanks for this good news.  We have had appliances from Sears since we got married eons ago. 

We still have many of them.  Way back when, we had a whole house contract which covered everything.  I was so disheartened when Sears folded.  It is an end of an era along with so many things.

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

Years ago the local Sear's Repairman (remember those?) lived down the street from us. One time our fridge compressor stopped working ona Sunday morning and he came ove and replaced it. A few years later Sears changed the way they did repairs and we had to call long distance to another city to get any repairs done. It was all down hill after that.

Honored Contributor

We had an issue with our frig that we needed a repairman. We only have Sears repair where I live. This was deep in the lock down and our guy still came out and fixed our frig. Yay. 

"Pure Michigan"