Super Contributor

Searched for lead-free dinnerware & found 3 lines .....

The Homer Laughlin China Company , states its line of Fiesta dinnerware collection is lead-free. The 2 nd company , DENBY , claims " no lead or cadmium is used during the manufacturing process of any DENBY product ". The 3 rd company I found , HARTSTONE , states , " All body, glaze and paint raw materials are lead and cadmium-free ." ........I looked at the DENBY and the HARTSTONE websites , to browse their designs . HARTSTONE has more styles /designs I tend to like , but DENBY was also very nice with more contemporary , clean -lined design styles . .....I didn't look at the Fiesta dinnerware at the Homer Laughlin China Company tho . Lots of people do love Fiestaware or versions of it . .......The HARTSTONE line states they're even California Proposition 65 compliant , and that's a high bar to reach . The dishes on all these sites aren't cheap ! The few I looked at started at around $20 to $26 a dinner plate . HARTSTONE has so many nice designs , that are seasonal in style . One is a chickadee design & its in the Winter section . They have some really cool Summer designs , that look mostly sold out at this point tho . .....flip flops , blue crabs .......a Springtime design had bumblebees on the plate ........Anyway , thought I'd share because I know there are lots of people looking for environmentally & health friendly products . Oh and btw , the DENBY and HARTSTONE lines are made in the USA ( Ohio ) . I didn't check on the Homer Laughlin CHina Company .
Trusted Contributor

Re: Searched for lead-free dinnerware & found 3 lines .....

Fiesta dinnerware is made in the USA at Newell, West Virgnia. If you are interested in finding products made in the USA, go to Still Made in the USA dot com.

SHOPPING CATEGORIES

SHOP BY GEOGRAPHY

SPECIAL OCCASIONS

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
    Super Contributor

Thanks for that information , wismiss . I know there are a few sites like that . appreciate it . ....I just took a quick look at the site , and it's very organized with so many product categories . I looked at the kitchen section & there must be well over 100 companies ! Its a great resource . Will bookmark it . Thanks again !
    Respected Contributor

Thanks for the info; good to know.

Respected Contributor

Personally, I don't trust anything not made in the US as being lead-free even if it says it is. Just because a company specifies a glaze or process doesn't mean their affiliate overseas is actually doing what they tell them--or they can suddenly change the product.

I use a lead test kit on any pottery, ceramic or glazed item I buy because there has been just too much food-related fraud in the news.

Honored Contributor

blueskies

If you are interested, come to the Just Bought My Fist Piece Of Fiestaware thread in Kitchen. There are so many places to buy it, and always on sale. The posters on the thread are always searching for the latest deal.

I switched to Fiesta several years ago. The stuff is so strong and hearty. I don't have a chipped piece in the bunch. Most all of can go in the oven. Whether it is a cup, plate, bowl I have popped them all in the oven. It is also collectable. I just love it.

Honored Contributor

Oh good Lord - please don't let them start this again.

Trusted Contributor

Fiesta. Made in America. So many beautiful colors...you can have your table look exactly how you want it to look. Freezer to oven to table and that's the truth. Microwavable. Can be put in the dishwasher. It's truly wonderful stuff. To my knowledge, it has never cracked, never chipped (unless the owner caused it by dropping or something).

I've been using Fiesta now for decades (and so did my mom). You cannot go wrong with Fiesta.

Trusted Contributor

I also recommend Fiesta. I agree with PamelaSue, your table can look exactly like you want. Fiesta can be casual, bright, subdued, vintage, classic, modern, even an elegant look. I have been meaning to set the table with a lace tablecloth, white napkins with beaded napkin rings, etc.

This stuff lasts and lasts and is passed down to the next generation. I really love the bakeware.

photo 20140621_1_zps34cd2adf.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Love my Fiestaware. Bought everything on sale. Wears like iron,unlike some other lines. Great to mix and match colors. Truly festive every time. Love the coordinating linens also. Highly recommend this line.