Honored Contributor

Scones on Sunday ITKWD--Good?

Have you tried them?  The texture looks more like a croissant than a scone.  So I'd appreciate it if any of you have had these and recommend them!

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Scones on Sunday ITKWD--Good?

@Sooner   I think perhaps they're new so nobody has had a chance to try them.  I've had their scones before but they were made by a different vendor and they were delicious.  Love scones. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sooner   I think perhaps they're new so nobody has had a chance to try them.  I've had their scones before but they were made by a different vendor and they were delicious.  Love scones. 

@Kachina624 My spouse loves them too and makes them sometimes.  I am tempted to try them. . . Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner - In my opinion, they're good but not amazing, despite the constant gushing of the hosts—shocking, I know. They have a nice, flaky texture (like typical American scones, definitely not like croissants) and bake well. I generally don't put butter on fruity scones or muffins, but these definitely were better with that addition of extra flavor. The assortment we tried included blueberry and raspberry. The blueberry was quite tasty, but the raspberry was disappointing, which wasn't much of a surprise after I discovered that despite the vendor proclaiming that all the scones were packed with real fruit, the raspberry scones just had "raspberry flavored flakes" and a bunch of artificial coloring as ingredients without a speck of actual berry.

Long story short: Overall, the scones were fine and we kept the blueberry ones on hand for a quick breakfast until we finished them. The raspberry ones went in the trash.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 @loriqvc I ordered the pack with the orange and cranberry in them!  We'll see!  

Super Contributor

That's what I ordered.  They're my sons favorite.  

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc @Kachina624 @Infinite Mom 47 

The scones finally arrived yesterday after I'd tried a number of times to cancel them because they were delayed, but after all that they came anyway

They were not hard frozen and the ice had dried up but we temped them and they were about 34 degrees almost frozen just below the service. 

We baked a couple and they had no off taste.  they are average at best.  Heavier than most scones, and to be honest, ok but nothing special.  Most mixes I have tried are better, and honestly home made are very easy and best of all.

So, 3 stars of five?  One star considering shipping.  If we had been gone, we would have had no scones on time then scones sitting on the porch rotting.  So it is what it is.  Consider that you are ordering food you can't cancel no matter what.