Honored Contributor

Have You Used the Costco Instacart Home Delivery?

I have never tried the Costco delivery which I believe is through Instacart?  I have done delivery, but never the home delivery like that.

So I would appreciate any experiences or information that you have about it!  Many thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Have You Used the Costco Instacart Home Delivery?

There's been problems with Instacart service at Costco since the start of the pandemic. It's never going to be 100%.  I have family members that work there.

Respected Contributor

I've used it a few times.  I had no real problems.  Obviously, prices are higher than in the Costco store, but I expected that.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't used the Instacart service but I have used the two-day delivery. I try to make a large enough order to avoid the service/delivery fee, but that doesn't always happen. No problems with the actual delivery though. I order certain things somewhat regularly that aren't on the two-day.  .  

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I've used InstaCart for Costco as well as our other local grocery stores.  I found it to be satisfactory, no better or worse than from my other local stores.  InstaCart delivers the fresh and deli-type foods whereas the 2-day delivery service does not. 

I just wish it wasn't so expensive, but it sure has saved the day for my DH and me during this pandemic, during bad weather days, and at times when neither of us feel well enough to do our own shopping.  These delivery services really have been a blessing for us as we've gotten older.

Honored Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

Yes, I've used InstaCart for Costco as well as our other local grocery stores.  I found it to be satisfactory, no better or worse than from my other local stores.  InstaCart delivers the fresh and deli-type foods whereas the 2-day delivery service does not. 

I just wish it wasn't so expensive, but it sure has saved the day for my DH and me during this pandemic, during bad weather days, and at times when neither of us feel well enough to do our own shopping.  These delivery services really have been a blessing for us as we've gotten older.

@DottieBlue Yes, we feel that way too.  We have also used pickups a lot.  I love it.  

Honored Contributor

I have used Costco via Instacart many times since this pandemic started.  I have not had any problems with it.  Since Costco has decided to continue "senior hour" twice a week and put the mask mandate back in place I go there twice a month now.  

Respected Contributor

I use Instacart oce or twice a month for over a year.  Not with Costco tho. Usually Shoprite or Giant.  Never had a problem at all.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I have used Costco via Instacart many times since this pandemic started.  I have not had any problems with it.  Since Costco has decided to continue "senior hour" twice a week and put the mask mandate back in place I go there twice a month now.  

This is also a factor for us when choosing a place to spend our dollars.  Whenever we shop there during senior hour, masking compliance is 100%. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've been ordering from Costco thru InstaCart. for the last 2 years. I've found several problems. They do charge $1 or a little more for each product - which is fine. Then I started noticing that they add an additional $50 to my bill. Several times, they delivered the products, and forgot one or more items - but they charged me for them. I then had to go on the InstaCart site and they said they'll open an InstaCart account for me with the credit. I didn't like that idea - since I only order every 3 or 4 months. I received another delivery in August - again, they left out one item and charged me. I emailed and told them to credit my Citibank/Costco Card - and they said they would. When I received my Citibank Card Statement - there was no credit. In the next few days, I'll see if they credited my Card. This is very annoying - and I'm sure most people don't catch errors - missing items - or not getting their card credited. If I'm not credited, NO more shopping thru InstaCart. I'm almost 81 yrs old - and didn't want to chance shopping at Costco during the Virus --- but I went there recently, and I was able to handle it. I love Costco. Also, they never give me the RECEIPT - even though I asked the delivery guy for it. Checking my purchases on-line (I order around 35 items) - could be very confusing.