Honored Contributor

Re: STRANGE CHICKEN NAME

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@Nightowlz LOL!!!!  I was 20 and my parents were peeved!  I cooked summers for the family from 14 to 20--when I got married and wasn't home summers from school.  It's great when both of you cook!!!  We do too!  We had to!  

I thought my folks thought I was too young to get married.  But maybe they didn't want to lose the cook??? Woman Frustrated

@Sooner 

There was 7 kids in the family Mom did most of the cooking. Dad did cook on the grill some.

My dad used to to tell me to get in the kitchen so I could learn how to cook. Out the door I went.

DH loves to cook plus bake. He's always making rolls, hamburger buns, bread etc.

He made some Chili yesterday. Today he is making some Jambalaya. He freezes them to take some to work for lunch. I made a pot roast yesterday. We were in the kitchen all day after making breakfast.

My parents told me I was to young so I was not getting married.  I told them yes I am. LOL!!! My dad thought I was just kidding around at first. Would not let us get married on Valentine's Day so we got married 2 weeks later when I was of age.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Nightowlz LOL!!!!  I was 20 and my parents were peeved!  I cooked summers for the family from 14 to 20--when I got married and wasn't home summers from school.  It's great when both of you cook!!!  We do too!  We had to!  

I thought my folks thought I was too young to get married.  But maybe they didn't want to lose the cook??? Woman Frustrated

@Sooner 

There was 7 kids in the family Mom did most of the cooking. Dad did cook on the grill some.

My dad used to to tell me to get in the kitchen so I could learn how to cook. Out the door I went.

DH loves to cook plus bake. He's always making rolls, hamburger buns, bread etc.

He made some Chili yesterday. Today he is making some Jambalaya. He freezes them to take some to work for lunch. I made a pot roast yesterday. We were in the kitchen all day after making breakfast.

My parents told me I was to young so I was not getting married.  I told them yes I am. LOL!!! My dad thought I was just kidding around at first. Would not let us get married on Valentine's Day so we got married 2 weeks later when I was of age.

@Nightowlz Now that is a great story!  Valentine's Day plus 2 weeks!  And you married a cook!  I didn't but he learned fast because he loves to eat and was all in for me to teach him.  LOL!!!