Honored Contributor

I like Weiman Stainless Steel Sink Cleaner & Polish ( one product, not two).  It cleans the sink really well and has a protectant aspect that keeps the sink looking good longer.

Respected Contributor

I use Earth Brite clay based cleaner.  Cleans up my SS sink very well. Leaves it looking clean and polished. Purchased mine from HSN.

Honored Contributor

@cookinfreak 

I clean with Barkeeprs Friend. You can spray with Weiman Stainless Steel Spray after & buff with microfiber cloth. It helps with the water spots for a while but they still show back up from using your sink & the spray wears off. Don't use too much of the SS Spray. 

Esteemed Contributor

I just suggested BioClean on a previous post, and I'd recommend it again here. I use it a lot on my SS sink and it does a great job. It's a granular cleaner that turns sudsy with water on the applicator sponge - I bought it from the Q, but have seen similar products at Home Depot and Menard's. Also, Bar Keeper's Friend works well too. Both of them cut through the greasy build up and leave you with a much cleaner and shinier sink.

Frequent Contributor

Using the Comet cleaner - suggest trying to get both sides and bottom of the sink very wet.  If one has a sprayer hose at the sink, that works great.

After the sink is wet, shake the Comet all over the sink.  Perhaps use water and paper towels to create a "cleaner paste"  to  cover the sides of the sink with the "cleaner paste.

Leaving the Comet cleaner on the walls and bottom of the sink for awhile sometimes  works better - maybe at least 15 minutes.  

After some time has passed, use wet paper towels to scrub the bottom and sides of the sink. Then rinse well.

(Also,  as a side note,  have found any  "stainless steel cleaner" does not seem to  work.for some.  It appears to leave an oily film.) 

There might be different types or grades  of steel used in stainless steel sinks. So some stainless steel sinks appear more shiny than other sinks. 

Hope this was helpful. 

Respected Contributor

We use Barkeepers Friend.  Works like a charm.

Honored Contributor

I mistakenly found a great way to clean a SS sink. Years ago I was soaking something in a very, very old SS sink in our old cottage. I used Oxiclean and filled the sink. When I emptied the sink it just GLISTENED!!!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

When I had my kitchen remodel done I had a deep double SS sink put in.  I remember the contractor told me to use barkeepers friend to clean & once a week put veg oil on paper towel and buff it to keep it sealed.  

I've never had stains or dullness.  Looks brand new going on 3 years🙂🙂

New Contributor

Bio Cleaner cleaning clay is fabulous.  I bought it from QVC and have reordered a few times since the initial purchase to give to friends and family.  

The Bio Cleaner will polish your sink to gleaming condition and the water just beads up.  Stains will not set in. If you are using steel wool pads STOP.  I learned a few years ago that they will leave little fibers that rust and clog the striations of stainless steel.  

Bio Cleaner is all around fantastic for cleaning built up grease on pans, cleans tarnish from silver and other metals without harm, cleans white edges of tennis shoes.  Amazing for cleaning those plastic outdoor chairs.

Contributor

Re: SS sink question

[ Edited ]

Had a SS kitchen sink for 23 years and got to hate it always needed cleaning and polishing and once used again looked grungy.  When I built my retirement home I went with an undermount vitreous china sink. Best decision ever. After 14 years the sink looks brand new. Cleans up with just dish soap and sponge. A few swipes and done. No polishing and it sparkles.  Never stains.  Only area that needs attention is the SS drain which takes more time to clean/polish than the whole sink which is wide and deep(farmhose style). Expensive but well worth it since clean up is never a chore.