Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@froggy wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

I was watching the HSN video on these SMEGS and they look

wonderful. LIke that woman said anything made in Italy like clothes, shoes,

cars, jewelry is more real craftsmanship

I enlarged the screen and could really see the product really well and the

presenter and vendor did a good job on the details.

The description on all websites says it's from China. Did the HSN presenter say it was made in Italy?

Yes, on their video she says "fine Italian craftsmanship" then she said the comment about the Italians do jewelry, shoes , cars better.

I agree because I think the quality in the U.S. has went down hill.

To many companies have sold out to others where it's all about profit and they don't care about quality any more. 

Well maybe she meant "designed" in Italy. Otherwise she made a gross misrepresentaion.

Honored Contributor

Smeg is an Italian manufacturer of upmarket domestic appliances. Vittorio Bertazzoni founded the company in 1948 in the town of Guastalla, Reggio Emilia, Italy. The name is an acronym for Smalterie Metallurgiche Emiliane Guastalla ("Emilian metallurgical enamel works of Guastalla").

The company remains in the private ownership of the Bertazzoni family with its headquarters still in Guastalla. Smeg is best known for its FAB range of 1950s-style, retro refrigerators that have curved corners and come in a variety of non-traditional colors and patterns. The company also manufactures dishwashers (freestanding - available in FAB style, semi-integrated and fully integrated), washing machines, ovens, microwaves, cooktops, freestanding cookers, rangehoods, refrigeration, wine cabinets, in-built coffee machines and small domestic appliances.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE 

Thank you for the information. I think I'd better end my investigation right now, before it costs me a lot of money.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat 

what were you investigating ? don't understand

Honored Contributor

@SharkE 

The SMEG brand.  I'd never heard of it before this thread.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Oh, I heard of it thru my sister who wanted the refrigerator, so , I researched it and liked their mixers don't care for the refrigerators at all. I'm a side by side type just like them.

I got a KAid food processor that I wished I'd never bought it's in a corner in the laundry room LOL got all the attachments, etc. Just went to walmart and got a cheap food processor that is easy to use. Lot happier with it.

Unfortunately, you have to buy what U think is gonna be good then they will come out with another version with the kinks worked out . That's what KA did with a easier to operate unit.

Honored Contributor

somebody in here mentioned they had a SMEG toaster. I get you and Bird mama mixed up sometimes.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

somebody in here mentioned they had a SMEG toaster. I get you and Bird mama mixed up sometimes.

It wasn't me, but I'm flattered that you'd mix me up with Bird.  I love her 🙂

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

LOL yeah, you know how you remember people.

You got the snarkers I don't even respond to them, period. I'll just get poofed or banned.

Then, you got the smart alecks. You tend to flock to those you remember getting along with. As far as I can remember we 3 get along. LOL

Honored Contributor

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Kitchen/ITKWS/m-p/5334352#M186140

Yikes ! that was 'sooner' who has the toaster LOL  I'm off base ! LOL