Trusted Contributor

Would you please post that Mackinac fudge recipe from your Taste of Home mag.

I would like to make my Michigan native DH a batch for Fathers Day. TIA

Honored Contributor

If you google Mackinac Fudge recipe from  Taste of Home you will find it. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

This is very similar to the Mamie Eisenhower fudge from the 1950s, which is my favorite recipe, except it calls for condensed milk and marshmallow creme.  Same basic components.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

My mom made the one with marshmallow cream (fluff!) in it.  I think these recipes are probably close aren't they?  

Esteemed Contributor

The comments say it's a good, creamy fudge but I agree living up here, it's not Mackinac Island fudge. Marshmallow isn't used in the most basic recipes.

If you're in town or out on the island you can stand at the storefronts and watch it being made. Still cooked in copper kettles and cooled on marble slabs.

ETA: You might want to get a jar of Sanders ice cream topping!

Respected Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

The comments say it's a good, creamy fudge but I agree living up here, it's not Mackinac Island fudge. Marshmallow isn't used in the most basic recipes.

If you're in town or out on the island you can stand at the storefronts and watch it being made. Still cooked in copper kettles and cooled on marble slabs.

ETA: You might want to get a jar of Sanders ice cream topping!

I agree that Mackinaw Island fudge does not use marshmallows.  It is fun to watch them make it!  My favorite flavor is penuchi.  It’s like a brown sugar flavor with nuts. 

Honored Contributor

Hubbo likes that plain ol ' Hershey cocoa recipe on back of cocoa box.

LOL He likes Hershey bars better then that 25.00 a lb gourmet candy at  FINE candies shops. LOL

That old time recipe from the back of Hershey's cocoa is hard to make.

I'd rather melt the butter and sugar, vanilla toss in jar of Kraft Creme, and pecans and let it set up for few minutes in refrigerator ,take out to room temp

Respected Contributor

I've never had this fudge, but there's a recipe on food-dot-com, "Mackinac Island Fudge," that the author says is the deal deal. No marshmallows. Butter, milk, brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla extract, salt, confectioner's sugar, chopped nuts. Sounds lethal.

Honored Contributor

That Mackinac Island fudge for some reason called for 2% milk I said "nope" just used whole . LOL