Trusted Contributor

Re: Rethinking the whole French Press experience.

I’m not a fanatic, I just boil water in my kettle and then pour over the coffee. It just seems to waste a lot of coffee to me.
Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife 

Another lunatic here.😄

I have French press and love it. I use Lavazza coffe in all my coffee makers. I order whole beans and grind it myself.

Excellent coffee requires quality beans as each type of maker requires the beans to be ground at a different setting.

I just received a Nespresso Virtuo plus and like the ease of using it.

I don't mind the clean up of any of them as long as I have an excellent cup of espresso or coffee.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

for a year or so, I was into grinding my own beans for a drip coffee maker. Bought a fancy burr grinder. I loved the taste but eventually got tired of the bother. Now I alternate between cheap ground coffee in the five cup coffee maker and using my mini Keurig. Recently my daughter brought me a bag of wonderful ground coffee from Nepal, what a treat! Basically I'm happy to have two large mugs of coffee with half and half every morning. It's the nectar of life that turns me into a human, so I don't want to spend much time on the process. Haha. 

Harmonize the World
Valued Contributor

Coffee made with percolators has a way higher caffeine content than coffee made with other kinds of pots. The caffeine in percolated coffee can be twice of what it is with drip coffee. 

Honored Contributor

I only drink Nespresso Espresso or iced espresso and milk.  One or the other.  I don't like coffee. I also hate the mess of grounds and such.  

Trusted Contributor

I use a French press and I'm not a coffee purist by any stretch.  My French press is double-walled stainless and makes three cups of coffee and keeps it hot.  

I buy coffee beans and grind enough to last a week since I'm too lazy to grind beans every morning.  I prefer light or medium roast with smooth fruity flavors.  I detest Starbucks coffee beans as I swear they don't roast them, they burn them on purpose to make them bitter and acidic.

I live on a wooded lot so I just throw my used grounds out in the woods and rinse the carafe out at the spigot.  However, OXO makes a long handled scooper to get the grounds out of the carafe and into the garbage can.

The reason I started using a French press is because I got really tired of buying new drip coffee makers.  They eventually broke or leaked.  Also, have you ever really looked in the water reservoir with a flash light?  Slime mold city even with regular vinegar cleanings.  That finished drip coffee makers for me.

I like coffee made with the pour-over method, but, again, I'm too lazy to stand at the kitchen counter waiting to put more hot water into the cone-shaped dripper.

Esteemed Contributor

I love my French press,  but mostly use it fall/winter  when I have cream in the house. Since we can lose power in the winter, it's very handy to have an insulated FP in the house. It also makes very smooth  tasting coffee. I don't consider it a lot of work...maybe because I love my 2 cups of coffee every morning, it's worth the effort.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Valued Contributor

Don't you mean Peet's coffee not Pest's?