Honored Contributor

I have been thinking about Paula Deen last night and again this morning when it was on the news again. First let me admit I am not a Paula Deen fan. LOVED her at first but she became too rude and crude, loud, and a bad parody of true southern women. That aside, the whole issue of people we admire, look up to, enjoy and SUPPORT with our money comes up with this latest PD escapade.

When you put yourself in the public light and start making money off the public, you trade privacy and lack of responsibility for your behavior for $$$$ (think Tiger Woods). You sell yourself and your family and that image (in Paula's case) and persuade people you are all of what you portray and it is just wonderful so they will want to be like you and follow you, your antics and lifestyle and buy buy buy what you say is good. You sell who you are and people buy because you make it fun and desirable. Take a look at any Paula Deen magazine. It's all pictures of her, her and her kids, more her, her on almost every page.

So therefore, Paula can't expect to have it both ways now can she? She sold fat fat and sugar, made the food like just the thing to eat because it was so fun and so tempting, sold her books so we could MAKE it and eat it at home, and sold her lifestyle to us. It was a little naughty--the food, the remarks, the whole thing, but fun fun fun.

So now she comes out and says the last 3 years was a lie? And NOW I'm gonna sell you something else and leave that behind? I'm your friend and buddy and I'm gonna tell you what to eat and do now? I'm going to make more money off of you from the mess I pushed before? I can't respect that.

Nah. That is about as sickening as Krispy Kreme bread pudding to me.