Honored Contributor

I think organic celery is far better than non-organic.  At least the ones we get are sweeter and not as bitter.  I think it is because of the pesticide residue.

I also think apples taste better because the skin tastes better.  But on most things, I don't find a big taste difference. 

Honored Contributor

Carrots raw and plain.

Celery raw with peanut butter. Actually I like cooked celery more than raw.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Reminiscing

[ Edited ]

I'm with your mother--love celery. I like the slightly bitter flavor and the crunchiness. I make tuna or egg salad that's half finely-chopped celery by volume. I drink celery juice. I love it in cooking any type of meat dish. I like celery soup, too. Oh, and salad made from apples, celery and walnuts.

Respected Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg   carrots - ranch, hummus or French onion dip.

celery - hummus, peanut butter or ranch.  I sometimes cut the ranch with salsa to bring the calories down,  I love the crunch of celery in salads, tuna, chicken salad.  I also love hummus with pretzels.  Roasted pine nut is my favorite.  

I love a few frozen peppermint patties in the summer!  It’s fun to reminisce.

Regular Contributor

I like cream cheese with celery, but I don't kid myself that it is healthy.  Might as well have potato chips, LOL!  Ranch dressing is good with both celery and carrots.  I can eat both plain, but I do need salt.  

Mary

Honored Contributor

I saw this on Pinterest recently and immediately saved it.  I'm crazy about Trader Joe's "Everything But the Bagel" seasoning.

Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 7.45.17 AM.png

6 oz. softened cream cheese, mixed with 1 tbs. "everything" bagel seasoning.

For those of you who don't like the stringiness of celery, I saw Alex from "The Kitchen", use a vegetable peeler to shave off the very outer later of the celery. Sounds like a good idea.

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

During this pandemic, enjoying celery in my Bloody Mary!!!!

Honored Contributor

I love both celery and carrots.

Lately I've been eating a carrot each day.  I just scrub it down a bit, cut off the tip and other end, and just eat it like that.  I like to take a bite, chew it until it's totally shredded, and also kind of sukk down the sweet juice that comes out of it, as I'm chewing it.  I keep them in the refrigerator so it's nice and cold.    Last night my dinner was one carrot and ten cherries.

Same for celery.  It's delightful cold.   I also do like it with peanut butter or even cream cheese or remember that old spray can cheese?  I would get the sharper cheddar type and use that for celery.

Respected Contributor
Both celery & carrots with ranch or onion dip are staples in my house. My children used to love "ants on a log", peanut butter spread in crevice of celery sticks with raisins in top of the peanut butter!