Honored Contributor

Brown Dripware Dishes

Although,  these were popular in the 50's, I never liked them.  We had a few coffee cups.  Food on a brown plate isn't appealing. 

s-l400.jpg

Respected Contributor

@ECBG I agree food on a brown plate isn't appealing.

Esteemed Contributor

Remember them and they are pretty. Brown is an appealing color and the food would look great on them.

Respected Contributor

Not only do I remember them, I have four soup "cups" which I use when I make French onion soup.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

@ECBG   My mother must have had every piece shown.  Wish I had them now.  They'd probably be worth a few bucks.

Honored Contributor

I do remember these pieces!  While we didn't have them in our kitchen, I remember visiting people who served coffee and tea in the cups.  Looking at the pieces now, I like a few things and probably would like them better in different colors.  I bet many people still own this set or at least a cup or two!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I never cared for them.  I don't like brown or black dishes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Remember This?????

[ Edited ]

@RoughDraft wrote:

Not only do I remember them, I have four soup "cups" which I use when I make French onion soup.  

Yes! My Mom had a set of 4 soup "cups" with the handles. I think she made French onion soap once. The rest of the time they just sat in the cabinet.

Esteemed Contributor

Much of this dripware as it's called was made by McCoy pottery.

I only had the creamer & sugar bowl from when I had my first apt. Recently donated them to GW. They don't fetch much, check out ebay.

Honored Contributor

i only remember these in french onion soup bowls and usually only saw them in restaurants......for that it is okay, otherwise i dont care for them.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein