Respected Contributor

Recommendations For A Kitchen Blender

Hi,
I have had the Nutri Ninja for years (2015) and loved it. I bought it for the Q. Well, the other day it started leaking from the top and I tightened the screw but it still leaked. I called the company for a replacement cover with the blade on it and the cost was $39.00, which is not much more than the blender cost. Amazon had the one she mentioned to me on the phone but had bad reviews, leaking etc,So as I am looking for a  new Nutri Blender  because I had so good luck with it my surprise is none of them have a 1100 wattage my old one did which is odd,even on the Nutri website they don't have one with the 1100 wattage. So now I am looking at other companies any ones that you have had good luck with? It's a shame because the motor is fine. Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendations For A Kitchen Blender

You aren't going to like the price on these, but if you use your bender daily you might consider a Vitamix.  I paid almost $500.00 for mine, but I've seen two TSV's for $279.00.  

Honored Contributor

NINJA ! 

Esteemed Contributor

I have an Oster Pro 1200 blender I bought on Amazon and it works great.   It also comes with a glass pitcher which to me makes all the difference in the world.  I actually owned a Vitamix and I hated it.   I had the problems when the blades were "flaking" and it was a big ordeal to get a replacement for it.  The pitcher on it is lousy plastic that stained badly.

The price of a replacement pitcher was almost the cost of the entire thing, ridiculous.

For the price of those you'd think you would receive a glass pitcher for peets sake.  Oh well, my fault for falling into the hype trap.   Lesson learned.

@cuddlesmama 

Honored Contributor

I will throw out this thought: It depends on what you need and use a blender for.  We mostly use ours for smoothies, which are loaded with fruits and veggies and ice.

About 10 years ago I bought a reconditioned Vitamix from the company and it still works!  We bought a new one that runs a program and turns off because we moved and put the blender in the laundry room, so it's not right in the kitchen now--and it is VERY handy to turn itself off.

Those blenders grind through anything, chop, puree, do it all and are rugged!  They have been through the kitchen wars for us and performed flawlessly.

If you are just using occasionally, blending up smooth and softer stuff, you don't need to spend the money on a VItamix. 

Respected Contributor

Expensive but worth it for me, my vote is for a vitamix.  You don't need the most expensive, since I have one of the earlier versions (on/off, and high/low) and have had no issues with it.

I even purchased one for each of my sons, and they use them daily and have recommended them to their friends. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama --wondering if you could find that part on Ebay---when  i was using my moms 1980 Vitamix, some thing on it needed to be replaced--i found it on Ebay for a very reasonable price with free shipping--must have been a gasket, I think---used that thing until just 4 years ago. It was a work horse tho.

Honored Contributor

I've only used Oster blenders.

About a year ago, I replaced one that I bought in the late 1970s.  Worked fine - but I happened to knock it over and it broke.

I use the blender a lot - Oster works great!

Respected Contributor

Blendtec I have had it for years never disappoints. !!!!

Respected Contributor

I use my Ninja storm for smoothies, chopping onions, bread crumbs, etc. I like it way better than my Vitamix, which I donated. For small jobs, it’s great.