Honored Contributor

Re: Recieved the pot stickers,,,,,NO TASTE AT ALL

I buy Ling Ling at Costco, but they sell them at all markets.  They are the best. 

This is how I do it for 12-18 pot stickers

10 inch non stick saute pan with lid

1 to 2 T oil (I use canola or coconut)

2/3 cup water/

Heat oil on med high hot

I remove pan from burner quick and place potstickers in ( in circles, flat side down)

return to high  heat until hot again (1 minute or so)

when very hot, add water, bring to boil.

place lid on immediately, turn heat to about 6 on electric burner (it has to be simmering in pan)

cook exactly 8 minutes

remove lid

cook a few minutes longer, until all water has evaporated and pot stickers are browning a pit.  I like mine very brown on the one side

Remember !  Secret to cook potstickers is non stick skillet.  Make sure water is bubbling before lid goes on.  And do not peek, or even turn pot stickers, You may peek when they are done on the one side.  Eat and enjoy

DONE!

Respected Contributor

Re: Recieved the pot stickers,,,,,NO TASTE AT ALL

@shaggygirl wrote:

I've ordered them a few times and do them the same way Topaz Gem does. But I cover them when i get to the part of adding a little water and take them out when the water is just about gone. If I remember correctly I think that is the way suggested on the wrapping. I can understand they'd break open if you boiled them, same reason why I no longer boil ravioli, some break open and the meat or cheese filling comes out.

I do too.  I forgot to mention that step in my earlier post.  I cook them in a flip pan which has a built-in cover, so I simmer them on low heat with the cover on.  I'm presently on A/D for them and I request a different flavor for each delivery.  That way, I'll have a supply of the veggie, pork, and chicken in my freezer.  I like to cook a couple of each variety and serve them with rice.  Easy, simple supper.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James