Respected Contributor

Re: Raving about my air fryer again!

@MercysMom wrote:

I love mine too and now my son has discovered using it too. He likes to make frozen Taquitos and Burritos at home and was heating them in the microwave. They'd turn out floppy. Now he puts them in the air fryer and the shell comes out nice and crispy. He loves it too!!

A breakfast burrito would be great in it.  I haven't thought about doing those and the frozen burritos.  I also didn't think of garlic bread in it.  I'll have to try that.

Respected Contributor

I agree with @momtochloe . @chicagoan I think if you set your breading like that, then it would work with the mayo chicken recipe as well.
Respected Contributor

@straykatz The food is so not greasy. I love it for that fried food craving without the grease!
Honored Contributor

@MercysMom wrote:

I love mine too and now my son has discovered using it too. He likes to make frozen Taquitos and Burritos at home and was heating them in the microwave. They'd turn out floppy. Now he puts them in the air fryer and the shell comes out nice and crispy. He loves it too!!

@MercysMom I love burritos out of mine too but I always defrost it overnight before I put it in the fryer.  Does your son make them from frozen as I always worry the inside isn't going to cook through?

Super Contributor

@momtochloe

Yes, frozen from the freezer. He cuts back on the time on the box by 5 or so minutes. Flips them halfway through. The come out okay.

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Honored Contributor

@MercysMom wrote:

@momtochloe

Yes, frozen from the freezer. He cuts back on the time on the box by 5 or so minutes. Flips them halfway through. The come out okay.

Ah, good to know and thanks @MercysMom as I am planning on grabbing some burritos and some taquitos this weekend . . . Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@chicagoan wrote:

It is recommended when cooking in a AF to cook about 25 degrees lower then a recipe calls for and for less time. 

Thanks for the tip!  I didn't know this.  

Esteemed Contributor

Kachina624 wrote:

I have an air fryer but haven't used it yet.   As a pro,  how do you think this recipe would work in one? 

PARMESAN CRUSTED CHICKEN

SERVES: 4PREP TIME: 10 minCOOK TIME: 20 min

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.)4 tsp. Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs

DIRECTIONSPreheat oven to 425°.Combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise with cheese in medium bowl. Arrange chicken on baking sheet. Evenly top with Mayonnaise mixture, then sprinkle with bread crumbs.Bake until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 20 minutes

@Kachina624, My MIL made that recipie ages ago, baked in the oven. It was delicious! You might try just one chicken breast this way in the AF, monitor internal temp and keep track of the time till you know what adjustment is needed.

Respected Contributor

I don't use my air fryer often, but today I went to the market and saw these great looking Delmonico steaks that just called my name.  So, in the middle of the week, for no occasion, I made one for lunch in the air fryer.  It came out great, just exactly the way I wanted it.  It hit the spot.  Will eat the other half tomorrow as a roast beef sandwich.

Valued Contributor

I would have to add another wing onto my kitchen in order to buy one.