Super Contributor

Rastilli Salmon @ Stop & Shop

saw the salmon on a plank at my supermarket---it was selling for $5.99 each plank sold individually--I purchased the 9 piece from Qvc it was $99--it is from the same exact company--if I bought the 9 pieces @ Stop & Shop it would have only cost me $54 not $99--wow!--what a mark-up!--guess you know where I will be buying my salmon next time!--mansad:

Super Contributor

Re: Rastilli Salmon @ Stop & Shop

I have 2 add that Rastilli Salmon sells under the name @Qvc as Egg Harbor-Taroe Island salmon--------------

Frequent Contributor

Wow is right! Big difference.

Thanks for posting @danedylan!

Respected Contributor

Omaha Steaks carries the same 6 oz. shrink-wrapped Faroe Islands salmon filets that are sold here under the Egg Harbor name.  Omaha is generally pretty pricey with a high markup, but if you’re on their mailing list and/or have a store near you, you can get them cheaper when they have a sale.

I’m on A/D for the Egg Harbor salmon and will probably remain so, but may pick up an additional supply at my local Omaha Steaks store.  Faroe Islands salmon is the best I’ve ever had.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Valued Contributor

@danedylan wrote:

@saw the salmon on a plank at my supermarket---it was selling for $5.99 each plank sold individually--I purchased the 9 piece from Qvc it was $99--it is from the same exact company--if I bought the 9 pieces @ Stop & Shop it would have only cost me $54 not $99--wow!--what a mark-up!--guess you know where I will be buying my salmon next time!--mansad:

@danedylan, I've also seen Bantam Bagels, Davio's Cheesesteak rolls and Grandma's coffeecakes in Stop & Shop for much less than what QVC sells them all for.