Contributor
Which is better? Just asking for everyone’s opinions.
Thanks!
Cindy
aydinsgma
Honored Contributor

Was it Kansas City who was bugging the heck out of me to order more steaks?  Or was it Omaha?  Anyway, I won't deal with any company who has this practice.

Esteemed Contributor

I moved from KS over to Rastelli's a while back. DS still like KS steakburgers better.

Last few orders I went to Rastelli's direct website as they offered better pricing for my items. No EP, tho if you need it.

Their direct website is very slow to ship. In process 5-7 days so I order well in advance. Stll 2 day UPS shipping.

Esteemed Contributor

In yrs past , I did order Kanasas City steaks which I did like. I gave Kansas City as presents to family.

I was given Omaha Staeks as a gift and I did not like the taste . The Omaha  Steak Company  bug you with many phone calls and  emails.

I have not tried Rasttelli

Respected Contributor

@aydinsgma 

That's a hard question to answer since it's no different than shopping local for meat.

I can get a steak from Kroger that one week it's good and get another a week later and it's tough.  No different than shopping at your local butcher shop, it's actually the kind of meat they get from a wholesaler.  Meat changes from one animal to another.  

What's different from these 2 companies than buying local is you are actually receiving frozen meat.  I rather just buy what I need than have it in the freezer but that's just me.

I've had both and I'm one each and done.  

Honored Contributor

For the price of each brands products, I truly expect a perfect piece of meat.  

I have never received that perfect piece of meat I expected.   A roast "that will easily feed 6" was barely enough beef to feed the 4 of us for one holiday meal.   

I stick to buying local.   A simple phone call to my stores meat department, gets me much closer to a perfect piece of meat, for a cheaper price.   

Respected Contributor

Re: Rastelli vs Kansas City

[ Edited ]

I won't order meat off TeeVee any longer...

Ordered Rastelli's Reserve Rib Eyes.....AWFUL got my money back.

Got Omaha Steaks TWICE from my company when I was still working...wouldn't feed that to a dog. TERRIBLE.

I don't think I've ever tried the KC Steaks...I'm afraid to.

I certainly would not send ANY of this meat to a third party as a gift. I shudder to think about those rib eyes....I ALMOST sent an order to my sister....

Look at the reviews online on this site at any of these companies that sell meat OTHER than burger. Most of them are poorly reviewed.

What you see David and Rick and Rachel demonstrating and squeezing and gushing about on TeeVee looks so good and juicy and thick and wonderful...

That's because...I think...they get that meat from the local Wegmans or Walmart near the QVC studio. Not kidding. The meat you get is NOT what you see.

And "aged"????  

Right. 

"Aged" since before Covid in the back of some meat locker in NJ, or since the Y2K scare in some meat locker in Kansas.

Esteemed Contributor

@aydinsgma I've totally given up on Rastelelli...........lots of 'huff & puff' about how great his meat is.  Ribeye didn't come close to expectations - - thin and chewy and greasy.

As one poster (posted)   if you want to see a real Ribeye...........come to TEXAS.

(loved that one)

When I can't chew & swallow - - (pardon the description)  I call that hunk of meat....chew and spit.

Haen't had KS in a long time - so no opinion.

Respected Contributor

@Othereeeen 

You don't know what awful is until you tried the Omaha Steaks dinner entrees.

Those are terrible, they were sent last year as a gift.  Lasagna, breaded chicken, pot roast more chicken something.  I can't imagine thinking that a company believes this is good and good enough to put their name on it.

Super Contributor

Rastelli was awful. Tough, had a strange tast to it. I threw it out. (Got my money refunded).  Kansas City is good. I prefer them. I have ordered KC from QVC and direct. No pushy sales calls, just an occasional mailer with a coupon and sales.  

I really find it hard to believe Rastelli won the food awarded over Kansas City.