Respected Contributor
On 1/10/2015 Cardamom said: Oh wow! Did you get them apart? Were they okay? I love my RR Cucina!! Smiley Happy)

I have a few Cucina pieces and the cookware (gifts.) I love them. I have the Paisley RR dinnerware (goes with the original bright stoneware) or I'd buy more of the cucina I don't like the Cucina dishes shape (love the color) but the casseroles and cruets are lovely. That Agave Blue is really beautiful, as is the mushroom color.

Honored Contributor

Did you get it apart? Do you live near the outlet so you could return the pieces if you can't get them apart?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I wonder too if the OP ever got them apart. It's a very strange problem.

Contributor

Finally, the verdict is in. The 2 pieces are apart and each survived in one piece.

I put them in the freezer last Friday and actually forgot about them until today. Removed from freezer and husband helped out with gentle tapping with wooden hammer handle, but they did not budge.

So we plugged up kitchen sink and drew hot water. Placed them in the hot water, but filled the inside one with ice. Not exactly sure what did the trick, but they sat in the sink for about 10 minutes and then with some gentle taps (wooden handle) they just slid apart.

Whew! Now I have a good size casserole and a pie plate.

It was too late to return to the QVC outlet. The outlet here in NC has closed, as has the one in SC. Do not know about outlets in PA.

Thank you to everyone who provided input.