Trusted Contributor

You know, Rachel said she got the idea for the moppines after sewing two potholders to a dish towel. That would certainly be an easy sewing project. Then you could match your kitchen curtains, colors, etc. I personally think they are a fire hazard around the burners.

Super Contributor

Beta tested 8 Cooking Buddys 3 years ago in various colors. I got to keep 2, rest walked away with DDIL, DD, DG. FAR better than the moppines, especially since they have heavy neoprene padding. DG ended up giving her moppines to Goodwill, said she would never go back to using them.

Besides, the Cooking Buddy hangs very neatly over the oven handle, and over your shoulder.

Super Contributor

I don't think I could handle Rachel's or Buddy with much success. I like the old fashioned way much better. Some well padded pot holders and I'm good to go.

Honored Contributor
On 2/21/2014 rondell said:

I don't think I could handle Rachel's or Buddy with much success. I like the old fashioned way much better. Some well padded pot holders and I'm good to go.

I don't think I could either. I like pocket potholders (the ones I have are not ginormous, so they are easy to use with my girl hands), and use those almost exclusively, but having them attached with a towel in the middle just doesn't appeal to me at all.

Some of my pocket potholders have this rubbery/silicone/or something surface on the part that is in contact with hot pots, and I like that very much. Those are always my favorites.

And then there are towels - I like them separate. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Merri - I bought 2 sets of the Rachael's moppines that were recently offered, but returned them both. Due to a slight odor, I washed them with a little vinegar and laundry detergent. After one wash, one set started to fray and the other came apart near the seam. The orange one shed all over the inside of my washing machine as well. Needless to say, back they went.

Regular Contributor

I found a 'moppine' in Home Goods last fall for $4.99. It wasn't Rachel Ray's, but same thing. I always liked the function/style when I saw them presented, but when I went to order Rachel Ray's on QVC they were always sold out. So, when I found this item at HG I was delighted - love it.

Honored Contributor
On 2/21/2014 wingnut09 said:

I've seen Rachael's moppine at BB&B.

Wonder if Kohl's or Amazon sell them? They do carry her items.

Regular Contributor
On 2/21/2014 Suz614 said:

Merri - I bought 2 sets of the Rachael's moppines that were recently offered, but returned them both. Due to a slight odor, I washed them with a little vinegar and laundry detergent. After one wash, one set started to fray and the other came apart near the seam. The orange one shed all over the inside of my washing machine as well. Needless to say, back they went.

Sorry they didn't work out for you. Mine are a few years old and are still in pretty good shape but I wanted some with stripes . Perhaps the quality has gone down and mabe that is why they don't seem to be available anymore.
Regular Contributor
Lol. I give up!! I have checked a bunch of stores, bunches of web sites and the only ones I found were crazy crazy expensive. I like the moppines but am not about to pay over 60 bucks for them on one web site. I do appreciate everyone's suggestions. I will keep checking Home Goods, Ross and Marshall's whenever I'm there . Maybe one day I will get lucky .....
Super Contributor
On 2/21/2014 chickenbutt said:
On 2/21/2014 rondell said:

I don't think I could either. I like pocket potholders (the ones I have are not ginormous, so they are easy to use with my girl hands), and use those almost exclusively, but having them attached with a towel in the middle just doesn't appeal to me at all.

Some of my pocket potholders have this rubbery/silicone/or something surface on the part that is in contact with hot pots, and I like that very much. Those are always my favorites.

And then there are towels - I like them separate. Smiley Happy

Same with me, chickenbutt.